The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SirLSD

posible to keep HBWR in porta-pot till maturity?

is it posible to grow a HBWR in a pot and train it around some mesh or netting or something, keeping it as low as posible? id hope if you trimmed and trained it from the start you could keep it to 6ft or less? basically i want a HBWR that i can transport so i can take it with me when i move house. anyone have any experience with this? im planning to stick a wire hanging basket over the plant, training it around and through the basket for aslong as posible, then putting a second basket on top of the first and doing the same. then 3rd,4th,5th basket etc.

ideas/suggestions?

also will it flower if kept in a medium size pot? is it posible to flower a bonsai???

any advice appreciated.

SirLSD

Originally posted by SirLSD:

is it posible to grow a HBWR in a pot

yes, but it won't grow very big. It should be planted out by the second season, third at the latest.

anyone have any experience with this?

yes, I have 3 here like that. One has rooted into the ground and has taken possession of the shed. I am hoping it will cope with having its roots cut.

also will it flower if kept in a medium size pot?

probably not. they don't flower till the second year and need quite a lot of nutrients and growth to do well.

well im going to try it anyway. hopefully they will flower in pots. will let you know in a year or two.