The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
genki

Yohimbe shelf life

was doing a bit of cleaning up in my room recently and i found a bag of yohimbe bark chips that id forgotten i had. ive done a bit of looking around but cant find anything on the shelf life for it, any ideas? i know the information is probably right in front of me i just cant seem to find it.

thanks

as chips they stay potent for many years. as powder less so.

even yohimbe powder stays good for years!

had a bag stored for more then 4 years......... very potent still!

was doing a bit of cleaning up in my room recently and i found a bag of yohimbe bark chips that id forgotten i had. ive done a bit of looking around but cant find anything on the shelf life for it, any ideas? i know the information is probably right in front of me i just cant seem to find it.

thanks

You probably don't want to bother with it. A old bag that had been sitting in a box for about 7 years still causes illness.. The last time it was tried, it resulted in a throbbing heart, nausea like you would not believe, sweats, and having to spend about 7 hours in bed wishing it away. About 5pm that day however, when the nasty crap had worn off, the sensation of relief was apparently enjoyable.. ;/

Maybe it's just how it affects some people.. :unsure:

Edited by badwolf

Maybe it's just how it affects some people.. :unsure:

Exactly. It's great for some, not so great for others. if done right then most people will enjoy it, but the problem is that most users will jump in without educating themselves first and then blame the herb.

Exactly. It's great for some, not so great for others. if done right then most people will enjoy it, but the problem is that most users will jump in without educating themselves first and then blame the herb.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me. It just seemed that a dose that was 'effective' also brought with it extreme discomfort - there didn't appear to be a middle ground.

But I do agree with you, having read numerous erowid accounts that are exactly the case, with people not looking into the stuff properly prior to experimenting with it with negative results.