The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

Tasmania

We just got back from 7 days touring around Tazzie.

Totally awesome....

The rainforests are amazing, the mountains are excellent for trekking & the National Parks seem to be really well laid out.

7 days was really only enough to scratch the surface. I've never really thought ov Taz as a destination before, but i'm really glad i went. At the least i learnt to ID Sassafras :wink:

Glad to hear you enjoyed our little piece of paradise. :lol:

dont tell everyone!

Yeah, god forbid - the gene pool might diversify down there!! :o Sorry mate, cheap shot :wub: Nah, Tassie is a stunning place. Never been there, but I did a heap of research on it back in Primary school for a project :lol: I'd love to check it out before I die :) That and far north QLD. The rest of the shop is a bit bland in comparison to the stunning rain/forests and landscapes of the two.

and far north QLD

i totally hated FNQ. While it was beautiful, having virtually just stepped off the plane from London, & seeing as it was May & still monsoonal i was soaking wet the whole time either from rain or sweat. Plus there seemed to be a cloud ov small biting flies constantly hovering around my peripheral vision attacking my ears...it drove me fucking crazy & i was so glad to leave after 2 weeks.

BTW i don't mean to be unfriendly & i would have gladly met up w/any Tazzie folks who cared to, but we were travelling w/my mother on holiday from England & she's not really hippy friendly :lol:

The giant Tasmania fresh water lobster is interesting.

They better get a move on preserving the DNA at least, as it almost gone.