The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Machine Elf

Darklore

A little shameless self-promotion, but I do bear gifts as compensation. I've finally got off my ass long enough to publish my second book, Darklore, which is an anthology of 18 essays on hidden history, the paranormal, esoteric science and related topics. I managed to get some pretty big names on board, including 'Age of the Sphinx' geologist Robert Schoch, cryptozoologist Loren Coleman, author Daniel Pinchbeck, ufologist Nick Redfern, and a bunch more besides.

The book is available from Amazon.com for $US13.95 (discounted to $12.30 at the moment actually). You can read 3 of the 18 essays for free though online at the Darklore website. Two would be of particular interest to SABers - Mike Jay's essay on psychedelic use in ancient Peru, and my own essay on the sounds heard during border phenomena and altered states of consciousness. Would love to hear ppls comments. Cheers!

Elf

Cool!

Must have missed this when you posted it.

Hey Apoth,

Did you read my essay? Would be interested in people's thoughts on it - I showed it to Eli a long while back, but have kept it quiet for a while since then. Which is why I've found it interesting when posts like this one from CS mention this music/sounds.

Elf

This looks awesome. I really dig this stuff.

Would there be anywhere in Perth where I would find a hardcopy or will I have to order it online?

This looks awesome. I really dig this stuff.

Would there be anywhere in Perth where I would find a hardcopy or will I have to order it online?

Sorry Fenris, got caught up and having dropped in here for a few weeks. The book is only available online, skipping the whole shitty old-style publishing game of giving away 70% of the retail price to others, and then reimbursing them if the book doesn't sell. This way the contributors actually earn some money.

Amazon's the place, although the limited edition hardcover is all sold out unfortunately.

Elf