The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderIdeal

When is Industry Toxic Waste Good Enough to Drink??

2B, just recently there where reports that alot of water tanks are contaminated with lead, and maybe other nasties also.

I dont know if thats all rain water tanks across the board or just specific brands, but till they fix that up, tanks could be just as bad.

JOP that sounds like it might make sense if you where talking about an old gal tank that is soldered together with lead , or just a crappy old gal tank. Most retrofitted tanks these days are plastic , so if your roof is cool then i can't see where this lead is supposed to come from ?

Yep that's an MSDS.......The only difference between a poison and a remedy is the dose.............

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/04...m?site=victoria

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...33-2862,00.html

there are some reports, i havent done to much research into it but it seems the CSIRO says there is some kind of a problem, and they recommend sticking to drinking water from the mains, altho for all we know this could be propaganda to keep people drinking fluride.

Again, im not sure which models and brand of tanks these affect, but just thought ild put it out there,seeing as it could be a problem.

But ild have to say if lead contamination can pop up in childrens toys, then the possibility of it affecting other goods is just as likely.

are most water tanks made in china? or are they australian owned companies?

The only difference between a poison and a remedy is the dose.............

Obviously...

I really just don't want the mans, the establishments dirty feckn fingers in my water.

Edited by JD.

I really just don't want the mans, the establishments dirty feckn fingers in my water.

Well i can understand that, and it is a valid point.

are most water tanks made in china? or are they australian owned companies?

Most water tanks are made in your own town or at least some where near by the district. Most are plastic as it is the most economical. It is not practical to move these tanks far , they are light so when a truck is full to capacity(physically) it still is well under it's GVM.