The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
John Smith

WA "random" roadside drug testing

unless the officer cuts your tongue and samples blood into the test i can't see how this affects anyone who digests things in capsules or swallows whole pills.

I mean, this is really an attack at smoking as a route of consumption. Bombing pills whole (not suggested) or recapping in vitamin caps would prevent any of the drug from being found on the tongue.

Also, weed could be activated by boiling in alcohol and put in caps as an extract too.

I mean, it's all good unless you get the stuff on your tongue right? Let them waste thier money testing our tongues..

I really hope your right, however would the drugs metabolites be present in saliva? It would make no difference if its in your bloodstream and then passed through your saliva glands, - but then i no nothing about biology.

actually wait no i don't! This isn't about cheating the system, it's about the validity of having this system. I agree drugs are baaad mckay, although like has been mentioned many a time, driver impairment can be from a multitude of things other than drugs (ie sleep deprivation) whereas drug users may in fact be totally capable of driving. The drug intoxication should not be in question, rather a standardised test of impairment should be used. This would be the fairest as its really the net effect of drug+personality+circumstance that effects the final end product of driving ability, and it is the end result we should critique, not what possibly leads up to it. This way a sober person being a wanker on the road is in a worse position re: the police than a stoned or googed person driving very well.

If police were more critical of bad driving (maybe if they had more fines they could give) it'd be fairer than Randomly picking somebody, regardless of their driving, who they think is likely to be intoxicated.. Likeliness = P plater youth in an old commodore.

At the same time police often over-step the mark in regards to youth especially, and this should be about driving ability and responsibility, if somebody is driving well and responsibly they shouldn't be hassled by the police. Thank god I'm not on my P's anymore, my lisence is expired and I don't have a car.

Come to think of it, why the fuck do i care, it doesn't effect me?

-well it does, i stooge lifts all the time.

...driving home after a few bears at a nightclub. i mean PD is a classic example of this fact.

Yeah, I bet PD is always picking up bears at nightclubs!

haha typo jokes never get old!

unless the officer cuts your tongue and samples blood into the test i can't see how this affects anyone who digests things in capsules or swallows whole pills.

I mean, this is really an attack at smoking as a route of consumption. Bombing pills whole (not suggested) or recapping in vitamin caps would prevent any of the drug from being found on the tongue.

Also, weed could be activated by boiling in alcohol and put in caps as an extract too.

I mean, it's all good unless you get the stuff on your tongue right? Let them waste thier money testing our tongues..

WTF???

Im not even gonna bother.

And whats wrong with bears anyways, we all need a bit of humphrey love sometimes. :)

No please do. I don't know that much about biology but when a drug gets into your system does it enter saliva? i know alcohol gets excreted through sweat and urine, thats the best i can offer

the mouth is designed to break stuff down, which is why anything you put in there generally degrades pretty fast. i believe the test targets residue of a particular oral "unprotected route" such as smoking meth/weed, smoking mdma or aqueous mdma.

I'd really like to see what happens if a "clean" person (test negative) had 3 mdma pills and a marinol tablet rectally, and see if that showed up on thier tongue.

alternatively i could swab your tongue for the usefulness of your last post :P

if i ever want to drive stoned i will be sure to inject rather then smoke. it wont show up in saliva then. mwah haa haa.

btw in case you can't tell i'm being sarcastic.

one reason my lazy arse should not to rely on firefox spell check and i should proof read. haha.

For those of you that DONT understand how drugs can show up in saliva, check the nice little diagram on page 5 of THIS article.

If you dont understand after that, then by all means, try beating a test by consuming drugs rectally and see how you fare. :rolleyes:

Edited by Passive Daemon

Nice one PD. I'm very surprised you had to go to those lengths.

Love the smiley cannabis leaf on the last slide. WTF??

I thought it was common knowledge that trace elements can be found throughout the body afterward.

Even in hair and fingernails.

There was once talk of drug testing workers at my last employer using analysis of hair samples. Apparently such analysis can reveal what, when and how much was floating around the body at the time.

People, the message is clear and simple to me:

DON'T DRIVE

Yeh ayjay, hair analysis would prolly be the best test for determining drug usage without a doubt.

As for that smiley leaf, looks a hellof alot like Jonos old avatar hehe. :)