The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hagakure

lullaby versions of tool

legend.

Great stuff! Hell, you don't have to be a baby to occasionally enjoy soothing music derived from great tunes :lol: I listened to the "Rockabye Baby" version of Zep's Over the Hills and Far Away. I instantly felt settled :) I don't have children yet, but I may invest in a few of those disks for myself and my future offspring! I can think of more than a few situations in the life of a strangeling that may call for 'simmer down' music such as this :wink: Thanks Hagakure!

just a question for z parents out there...what music do ur kids dig? my girl is right into beth orton(eww), portishead and chemical brothers, aside of course from the wiggles who im a hugefan of anyways. i can belt out a wiggle tune at will, and do find myself doing it often. gotta love big red car.

any recomendations appreciated!! ive found amazon rainforest(u know of the yanni variety) recordings invaluable when she is chucking hissy-fits, and i dunno i kinda get lethargic.

can anyone recommend any really cool ambient organic sounding music/artists?

can anyone recommend any really cool ambient organic sounding music/artists?

Maybe not organic, but pretty minimal and ambient-ish are Boards of Canada, I dig them.. for some reason they popped into my head - check them out.

Love the tracks Hagakure. I'm thinking if i ever have kids I'd put them to sleep with this, then one day when they're older crank some tool and see if they recognise it. :D

They do translate very well, musically to the alternate instrumentation and slooooow rythm.