The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Legba

SA to ban drug equipment possession

Recipes for illegal drugs and the possession of equipment to make them will be banned under proposed South Australian government legislation.

SA Attorney-General Michael Atkinson on Tuesday introduced legislation to parliament that banned the possession of drug-related recipes and equipment without a reasonable excuse.

Mr Atkinson said under the legislation people would have to prove why they have equipment used in the hydroponic cultivation of cannabis or face a maximum two years jail or a $10,000 fine.

The laws would also apply to equipment for clandestine drug laboratories and drug recipes, including those to make "hash cookies" and alike that involved marijuana, he said.

Mr Atkinson said the laws were aimed at destroying the profit-making ability of bikie gangs who were known to make or cultivate drugs for sale.

"We want to make it very hard for drug cultivators and manufacturers in South Australia," he told reporters.

"We think they're a pest, they're a nuisance, they're noxious and that we ought to make their lives so unbearable they might even go to another jurisdiction."

Mr Atkinson said the government would work with the police to identify the items associated with hydroponic cannabis cultivation and illicit drug laboratories.

The law will prescribe equipment such as some types of carbon filters, strong lighting, manual or mechanical table presses and condensers.

Link

:angry:

Edited by Bacchant

This might slow them making Drugs, but how will this stop them selling them?

we should have the right to keep what we would like in our kitchen, this country is fading fast :BANGHEAD2:

Mr Atkinson said under the legislation people would have to prove why they have equipment used in the hydroponic cultivation of cannabis or face a maximum two years jail or a $10,000 fine.

HELL BOYZ WE"D DON'T EVEN NEED A JUDGE NO MORE!

Hmm and here I am thinking innocence was assumed, guilt had to be proven....ohh wait! I must be getting it confused with all that basic human rights mumbo jumbo...protect the innocent crap.

....including those to make "hash cookies" and alike that involved marijuana, he said.

...the laws were aimed at destroying the profit-making ability of bikie gangs who were known to make or cultivate drugs for sale.

yeah, im sick of those pesky bikers and their "hash cookies"....wait wtf?

ever since they discovered SA was supplying Australias weed they have really been hammering down havnt they. looks like SA is not as free as it used to be and is starting to adopt the other states laws... bit of a bummer.

With a bit of luck it will be a poorly worded, challenged heavily and become impotent when chasing a conviction.

Can't wait to see my grandma get raided after next anzac day cause she'll have left over alfoil, a baking tray and an oven

Whoops, just realised.... this is happenin in SA... won't affect Nanna

-bumpy

Edited by MrBumpy

Does this mean men will have to bribe little old ladies to go to the store and buy their cookie sheets and flour?

Y'all need a revolution or something, your government is going to shit

(I know- pot calling the kettle...)

"We want to make it very hard for drug cultivators and manufacturers in South Australia," he told reporters.

"We think they're a pest, they're a nuisance, they're noxious and that we ought to make their lives so unbearable they might even go to another jurisdiction."

:rolleyes: Ship em off and let someone else deal with your problems eh?

Mr Atkinson said the laws were aimed at destroying the profit-making ability of bikie gangs who were known to make or cultivate drugs for sale.

Never mind all the good that they do like fundraising for sick kids or anything like that. So long as them pesky old blokes with their noisy bikes go somewhere else... What about all the other types of people who cultivate or make drugs? I'm sure not every dealer/manufacturer has a bloody bike or is part of a gang - way to stereotype :rolleyes:

The laws would also apply to equipment for clandestine drug laboratories and drug recipes, including those to make "hash cookies" and alike that involved marijuana, he said.

Are you kidding?? You get Betty Crockers Fudge Brownie mix or her awesome quick-cook cookies, add some milk and a couple spoonfulls of herb. How the fuck is banning paper with words on it going to stop people from THINKING with their fucking heads??? Hmm, I wonder how those pieces of paper came into existence? :rolleyes:

Y'all need a revolution or something, your government is going to shit

(I know- pot calling the kettle...)

LOL - I know where your coming from Aux... Thing is our pathetic government seems to think yours is all-knowing and is a fantastic model to copy. Your government has so much influence on the rest of the western world (and a lot of developing countries) that the rest of us seem to think we can just cut and paste your rules into our rulebook and they will work just fine. The only problem is that the laws in the US were pretty fucked at the start of the cut and pasting and now everywhere is tarred with the same upfucks. As much as a revolution or a complete uprising would be a great idea - the next little leader to step up to the plate will just re-adopt the stupid ideas of the mighty US... :(

Resistance certainly seems futile at this point... :(

Next targets on this tools lists are the CWA (Country Womens Association), Borders books, Bunnings, garden centres and home brew shops..... Seems like you can pick up all your books and info on making brownies and any drugs(inc alkihol) at these outlets..... I wonder why they wont sanction these places??

Fuckwits the lot of them.

Bd

only when these laws affect the lives of people who dont use drugs will people finally realise just how stupid the laws are and do something about them... I say hurry up and ban everything. Ban cookie making, i dare you.

Anzac day will never be the same... :P

Bit like flicking dog shit over the fence into the neighbours yard really...this kinda does make one a bit of a prick.

Lets teach our children this is NOT how you deal with lifes issues!

And by the way...nice to see some actual figures on what the "WE" club thinks a year of someones life is worth:

....two years jail or a $10,000 fine.

$5,000?.... well thats pretty cheap considering our positive economy. (serious profit taking of the cookie market I bet). and if the idea is to get these cookie crims off the street, then um why let them off with a fine...maybe tis not as serious as Mr Atkinson said perhaps?

OOh yeah, had a good idea for a name for a new SA motorcycle club : 'The Cookie Mosnters MC'

Edited by Auntyjack

ROFLMAO :lol: