The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Monkey Shines

Nimbin Mardi Grass

Guest ramulosa

This year is the tenth year, and yes at present it is happening, there are events in the planning. Despite the grief from cops and lack of practical support from a wider range of people.

It is a lot of work.

The amount of effort that Nimbin folks have contributed is only a fraction of the effort I have have I spent whinging about hard working peolpe like Torsten.

I carry on about small events (that I don't contribute to) and look like the fatuous idiot I am.

Some people (myself), like to fuss and make a lot of noise.

They make scarifists and shit thousands of people, most of whom could cop wit pope dogo.

Bla, bla, bla......totally burnt out.

No Morons welcome.

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 26 February 2002).]

Hey that's a great idea Mulga, why don't you go and make yourself useful somewhere for once? Or aren't you welcome there either?

Guest tsttantra

darklight delete this if you want,i just wanted to say how disappointed i am with mulgas site .it seems the same as when i first saw it,no updates,none of this research i keep hearing about.come on put up,share with the rest of us,what you say you have.are you elfspice@dmtworld?

t s t .

Adrian's mod here...I'm only wrangling Chill Space.

Guest ramulosa

Keywords:

funniest thing folks offer apparently already hear pig mind head basis say, censoring actively works to stop....

hell anyone asked directly have any idea think.

said, folks make drama every little thing quiet achievers have no desire parade might aware before swine attitude apparently sometimes.

Seeing public forum apparently facts opinions relating ethnobotany Australia, everyone contribute whilst parading shit elsewhere wonder democratic information provides....

course basis pretend not ongoing censorship deep antagonism fostered forum.

Nothing good, nothing bad itself. Failure part recognise human faults failings lead to problems.

bye

[This message has been edited by ramulosa (edited 23 February 2002).]

Guest MIHKAL

on your bicycle mulga bill. you must be some kind of comic genius. what a card. be sure to mock torsten every time you're on his forums and then wonder why you're not welcome. keep 'em coming just in case i run out of opiates.

[This message has been edited by MIHKAL (edited 24 February 2002).]

Originally posted by ramulosa:

Seeing as this is a public forum apparently open to facts and opinions relating to ethnobotany in Australia,

Providing that they are kept within forum guidelines. You forgot that bit. That's the bit that makes you unwelcome here forever.

If you don't like it, set something up somewhere else.

Perhaps we could have a special Mulga forum. It could be run by Mulga ( AKA Mungo in this particular zone... ) contain all Mulga-related issues and correpsondence. It would inflate his already toadlike sense of self import to the point where he could justify his pathetic existence whilst simultaneously allowing those of us who loathe him to do so in his absence. People who can tolerate Mulga/ Mungo can go and hang out there as well.

And then we wouldn't have to put up with him anywhere else.

You haven't answered my question but Mulga...are you going to contribute to MG or are those bridges down too?

Guest tsttantra

rambo,as i have not met you my opinion of you is based on what i can see,your site.and i see nothing happening.

likewise your reply to my comment,you ignored what i said,and rambled on incoherently.

i see nothing happening,and im bored.

t s t .

Guest ramulosa

I really care if some are bored or offended. Torsten, I support him.

Why would anyone justify their existance? would they provide any assistance to because of some bullshit jabbering person

Guest MIHKAL

golly someone isn't too bright. still here pleading your case? my support for torsten is anything but blind. torsten offered an opinion a while back that we were just using him, well for me that's true - i'm using him for his forums, for his business, for his conference and for his willingness to help with problems or issues every time i speak to him. i've often found him stressed but never rude or dull.

i hope in turn that he uses me for a customer, for an attendee at every conference he provides and for support. also i intend to be used to stock and run raffles, etc at future conferences. like i said in a recent email, don't you find it ironic that you're here on torstens forums, offering nothing constructive and still pleading to be heard? seem to be going to some lengths to be accepted by glorified gardeners (your words).

Originally posted by Mulga:

Well gee, I don't really care if some are bored or offended.

Ahhh sarcasm, the hallmark verbal abuse technique of the snotty 12-year old girl. The fact that you don't care that people are bored or offended by the things you do works against the sense of community that some try to build in this space.

Torsten just sets himself up for a lot of stuff by his actions and attitude, as do those few here who blindly support him.

Once again, never met the man, but he's done a thousand times more for my experiences in ethnobotany and entheogenics than you have, and has never asked for recognition or adulation. You give nothing and pule for respect. Mind you I can only go on achievements, maybe you secretly have a well-supported ethnobotany site with 450+ registered members that I don't know about. I am, after all, not perfect.

Why would I or anyone have to justify their existance or experience to some of the dickheads here?

You don't have to justify your existence, but all the irrationality and bile you are spewing here is making me quite convinced that Torsten's in the right to keep you the hell away from here in the first place.

Why would they share stuff? Why would they provide any assistance to people who just a day or two ago were jabbering on about physical assaults on people they didn't know because of some bullshit personal prejudice.

I share, I am always happy to help people if I can. Sure some things people say can irritate me but it leaves my system pretty quickly. Never stops me feeling good about myself for doing something cool for someone who hardly knows me.

Sadly, you don't get it. You have a choice in your life, man, one that can take years. You know there is something bad eating you up on the inside and you hate the way it comes out your mouth and makes people dislike you, but you can't seem to help it. You fought it back for a while and had some minor achievements, but you were soon stymied with nowhere to go. The frustration, anger and self-loathing began bubbling up again and people began treating you 'that way' again. I have seen that this is what has happened to you in the past.

Mulga, this is guesswork at best, but my last visit to the planes told me you're very disturbed and lonely, and in desperate need of a community that can help you out of where you are with some emotional support. You could have a place in a community like that but first you have to realise you can't force people to respect or like you.

I feel sorry for your situation, it's not a nice one, but please understand, if the community overall finds you repugnant, how on earth do you think posting gobshite like this or gatecrashing events you know you are unwelcome at is going to somehow make you liked?

Waz

Guest ramulosa

Wazron,

you know

you have some psychic ability to understand circumstances of life of people.

I recieved many quarters, and my farming life is my farming life to know and experience.

fortunately it appears fools pass out on.

The fact many folks are smiling to see Torsten.

attitude and actions last years, the community which is tempting to reside.

I've got nothing better to do than make wild speculations about other people

instead of opening my ears and eyes.

I'd suggest you spend more.

Listen and gain understanding.

I just come out, that might sound dandy to you, but is to others either just an relevant perspective on life.

Haven't you got more of a life to go to than worry about me?!?

I'll worry about my weed, everyone else can farm theirs.

Information about native plants and peoples experiences with/of them.

Then I declare my right to particpate, and to continue to participate in a positive and professional manner that will not comprimise any relationships with other people on these forums.

cya wink.gif

Originally posted by ramulosa:

B]

'nuff said - it's lucky mulga has so many exciting and important projects to occupy his time... otherwise he might find himself obsessively emailing strangers and posting shite on forums. lucky eh?

Ha Vulga Mulga

If there is one thing I have noticed in all your post, is a sense that you take grait self satisfaction in trying to make Torsten's life hell.

I agree with what wazron said about you totally.

I think your problem Vulga Mulga is self-hatred, you need to get it addressed, with help from a psychotherapist.

Torsten just sets himself up for a lot of stuff by his actions and attitude, as do those few here who blindly support him.[b/]

Now Mulga you first of all need to get a grip on reality if you can.

What the hell..who the fuck do you think you are, the poeples judge and jury?Hmmm

The only blind dickhead here is you, if you read your own verble vomit you might think twice befor opening you big mouth.

So the first step in seeking happiness is learning,learning from you fuck ups, and you are a fuck up.

Another peace of advice Mulga and this one is for free.

If you maintain a feeling of compassion, loving kindness, then something automatically opens your inner door.Through that, you can communicate much more easly with other people.And that feeling of warmth creates a kind of openness.You'll find that all human beings are just like you Mulga, so you'll be able to relate to them more easily.

Oh fuck it, you want listen anyway. Iam just going to have to come around and bitch slap you?

Guest MIHKAL

incredible stuff waz. u got a real clairvoyancy thing going, having never met the tool how could u possibly have nailed it in one?

yes gem i've had the emails too and after a host of replies he (or me) still doesn't get it. he thinks he has some justification and i think he doesn't so i guess one of us incorrect.

mulga seems so busy with 'the wider ethno community' and spending time on valuable 'research' projects that it just beggars belief that he can find time for us 'glorified gardeners'. thanks for sharing.

veronica, the bitch slapping may be overdue, you'll probably get your chance at the next eb (assuming torsten goes ahead with one) i'll sell tickets so that there will be no more talk of financial losses. hell i may just keep all the tickets myself.

Following Torsten blindly? My my, my little inconsequential, are you claiming that those who haven't come to the same conclusions as you haven't thought it out properly?

As for not knowing you, I have all your old emails from a previous list and previous correspondences... you've been playing for years at tanty's cos ppl don't do precisely what you want. I just gave up trying to help after you lied about some mates of mine after EB1. I know you matey. You're a delusional obsessive whose favorite tactic is to fail to answer direct questions and instead changes the subject or rails about how nobody understands him. I have known you too well for six years now, nothing's changed except your signal/ noise ratio. Aren't you getting enough attention internationally or something?

So I ask again...are you going to contribute to MG or are those bridges down too?And what do you think of the Mulga only forum? Or is that censorship too? When *are* you going to do something useful for the wider community of ppl who support you ( whether they exist in your imagination only or not )

Then I damn well declare my right to particpate, and to continue to participate no matter what any individual might think about that

Declare what you like, you loser. It doesn't change the fact that you're culled as soon as can be managed. This obsession you have with invading other ppls space on the grounds that your inclusion is a right makes no sense anywhere outside the orbits of what laughingly passes as your mind.

OTOH Torsten is prolly letting you ramble on cos you're doing a far better job of making yourself look stupid than we ever could smile.gif Your threads are all saved, so it doesn't matter how often you go back to edit them, copies are kept in several places for our future amusement.

May I publicly say that the single most tiresome feature of my moderating a forum, and by far the most timeconsuming, is the eradication of Mulga posts. Everything else is piss easy and a joy ( most ppl who get a snarly word from me have gone on to become valuable long term contributors and I won't mention names unless they do... so I don't stress at being snarly over forum stuff ).

But as I've suspected a while, Mulga's main contribution is wasting ppls productive time by being a pain in the arse. I'd rather spend my time working on A. phlebophylla or something else useful, instead I chase him out of somewhere he has no right to be.

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 25 February 2002).]

Guest tsttantra

cheers to the mods for giving 'him' enough rope to hang himself,on this thread.

i gave up after 2 posts.

we are basically reasonable/nice people and want to give all a fair go,its the aussie way.

but we learn by experience,and you now have my unreserved support and empathy in dealing with this issue as you decide is fit.

thanx t s t .

Originally posted by Mulga:

Wazron,

What the fuck do you know?

I mean, you're telling me that you have some psychic ability to understand the circumstances and life of people hundreds of kilometres away who you never, never spoken to, never spent a second with, and come out with some new age bullshit diagnosis.

I don't have to have met you to know what a hurting place you are in. It's always easier to make people hate you than it is to try to have them like you and fail. You perceive the world as a naturally hostile place and you lash out to drive away those that might hurt you. I arrived at this conclusion from your behaviour: you seek attention and adulation for your achievements and yet you feel the need to drive away from you those whose admiration you so feverishly desire. I bet your Father-figure was a distant and disapproving man. You were very likely constantly hurt by him by bringing him your works, wanting his approval, and never receiving praise. Hence, your longing for approval and your fear of the vulnerability that emotional closeness brings. I'm not psychic, I'm just reading exactly what you're really writing. Displacing the anger onto another person, father-figure or not, will not help you.

In case you didn't get it, I have recieved support from many quarters, and my fucking life is my fucking life to know and experience, and unfortunately here it appears for ignorant fools to pass comment on.

Typical threat response. Several accusations of ignorance, escalating verbal abuse, and a reiteration of superiority, both in experience and backup. Mulga, I know you're crying out for help. Just say the word and I'll be there for you. You're not the first person to ever go through this sort of ostracism. I learned my lesson and took a softer worldview (ie less about me and much more about everything else) and I am a calmer, happier person as a result. I am offering you the benefit of a few years of my pain.

The fact is that just as many folks are smiling to see Torsten see some come-uppance for his attitude and actions over the last few years in the community in which he is attempting to reside.

I'm not here to fight Torsten's battles for him, and I am 100% positive he wouldn't want me to either. This post was, however about my analysis of you, which must have contained some grain of truth given the intent behind the rest of your response. I want to help you get over what seems to be a dark and lonely place for you. Asking for help is not easy but deep down you know you need to it in order to heal these things that hurt you so much after so long.

Must be more the case that you've got nothing better to do than make wild speculations about other people, instead of opening you ears and eyes. I'd suggest you spend more learning how to listen and gain understanding rather than just come out with stuff that might sound fine and dandy to you, but is to others either stupid or just an irrelevant perspective on life.

Transference. I am offering you truth, which always hurts, and you respond by telling me to gain understanding? You say I 'come out' with things that are irrelevant and stupid- Have I now become the dark mirror of your self-hatred? You accuse me of your own problems- not listening, not seeing, not understanding. You hate me because I don't know you but I understand you.

I'll worry about my life, everyone else can fucking worry about theirs.

I worry about everyone in pain who doesn't need to be. Most people never bother to separate the behavioural problem from the person that it afflicts. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. Your statement above just reinforces my belief that you have a long way to go until you are ready to accept the healing and forgiveness you need to be happy. When you are ready to take the step, I will be ready to help in whatever way I can.

Like I said, no-one here has to justify themselves to anyone else, we need only share a common interest in life.

From the same etiological root as 'common' comes our word 'community'. If you are a disruptive part of a community, you get asked to show cause for being allowed to remain, or you get run out on a rail. Does this sound familiar? You are not part of this community because you offend its most basic rules, of which there are few. When you demonstrate a basic capacity for self respect, and respect for others, you may even suddenly find your circle of friends increasing.

When and if that applies to factual information about native plants and peoples experiences with/of them. Then I damn well declare my right to particpate, and to continue to participate no matter what any individual might think about that.

Psychoactive plants were frequently used to go on 'dreamquests' and so forth, journies of discovery that take place in the deepest recesses of the mind where plant, human and animal all meet. It is a shame that you have documented so much of the experiential aspects of the plants but have yet to touch their soul. The plants are great healers, and you have spent time with them, but still you carry wounds with you that they would have helped you cure. Did you not take them seeking some form of insight? Or are you just another opportunist waiting to harvest another few weeks' release from your own pain, without paying the plant any respect?

You need healing, Mulga, and whether that comes from having someone to talk to, tripping into your own headspace or going onto a really high dose of medication is a decision only you can make. Just remember that life is easier with friends than without.

I hate to say it but I feel really sorry for you where you are right now.

-Waz

Hi everybody,

sorry, I've been away for a while.

System problems are almost all sorted.

So what seems to be the problem here?

I have fixed a few spelling errors made by ramulosa and taken out most repeated or "rude" words. wink.gif

I think you guys are all being a bit hard on mulga.

It seems that he would have some positive contributions to make to this community if he could spend his time being objective and kept his mind purely on the job.

Maybe if he is willing to spend just a fraction of the time he spends on writing whinging letters on researching ethnobotany I'm sure he could have a great ethno encyclopedia written and published by the end of next month.

Mulga I don't want to hear anymore about any subject that is not related to you and ethnobotany.

Nobody here wants to hear you mention Torstens name unless you are appologising, giving praise or asking him a 'civilised' question.

So unless you are going to direct your last (sane) remaining energies into positive contributions to the ethnobotany community you can go and "FARM" yourself.

Peace,

Adrian