The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

telemetric

Founder of Domino's Pizza sells & builds Catholic city...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/f...icle2112844.ece

"The city of God that was built on pizza"

“God’s been good to me. The best way I can use the resources God gave me is to help other people get to heaven,†said Tom Monaghan, 70, a devout Catholic who sold his Domino’s pizza empire for $1 billion (£500 million) and spent about half the proceeds on creating his perfect town.

lol. did u post in the bitchy gripey threads of degeneration in anticipation?

I wonder if Maccys will consider this a competition and SuperSize a church somewhere? Ronalds Supersized Rastafarian Temple of Enlightenment, perhaps.

:lol:

if you want it moved into another forum then let me know.

well i guess the story and my general demenour would have probably put it somewhere else if i hadnt been in such a maood at that time... (recently being dissatified with one of their pizza's)

but i like it here as it in parts represents a feeling i had when i saw this one on the tv news first.... for example, how can this guy be so convicted and spiritual to do this when he has spent so much time and effort running a pizza business that mentions nothing of catholicism ?? isnt it a bit contradicting >?/ perhaps he or business managers that it wouldnt sell so well if the box came with outtakes from the latest scripture or they had pizza'a coined after the 12 deciples ...

(inless of coarse his more recent actions are due to an increased willingness to propogate his religous beliefs...)

Hahahaha, the dude got rich as fuck doin what he did, now he sells up and is gonna do something else he is interested in.

Makes me laugh, who the fuck are we to judge what someone does with their money or how they got it. The world revolves around money not the sun and the sooner ya realise that the easier it is to accept that cunts rule the world.

Just be.

no major gripe here, more homoured than anything at this point... as for the money issue you mention i believe that if people where more considerate or conciously evolved + ethical when it came to how they made there money and spent it, we wouldnt have the world in the predicamate i personally see it in everyday getting worse in some pretty critical areas... sure we may end up with some super tomato strain that can support massive growth of the pizza industry in thirs world countries but thats no good to us if we aint got a planet to grow it on or we wipe ourselves and fellow occupants out in the process ...