The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiraleyes

brugmansia leaves

havnt tried flowers yet but

leaves-good,some dont like flavor

seeds-ok,some say very strong,harsh smoke due 2 fats etc.

bark-my fav,smooth,but not as replenishable as seed&leaves

which still leaves root/rootbark anyone sampled this yet?

t s t .

Guest Trichus

Flowers dont have petals- please explain???

FWIW I accidentally smoked a couple of cones of black nightshade(Solanum nigrum) a while back and it made me totally relaxed and attentive.

Anyone care to guess why this was?

Guest wira

Solanum nigrum is a sedative tranquilliser that is toxic in moderate to high doses. It contains steroidal glycoside alkaloids such as solanine. You're the first I've heard of to smoke it wink.gif

Guest DragonFyre

has anyone else noticed after smoking brugmansia the effect it has to your short sight? I havent smoked heaps of it so Im not sure if its an initial effect but on the occasions that I have smoked it I've had atleast 20 and everytime my eyesight seems perfectly fine, until I look at something upclose (read a book, use the computer, etc...) to the point where I cant read unless I fully squint and even then half the words are guessed from the rest of the context... yet the TV for instance looks perfectly fine

this is the only side effect (bad one) I've found with the smoking of brug though one night after quite a few I went to stand up to answer the door and just about fell flat on my face (I would have if I wasnt as agile as I was!) and my friend with me at the time almost did the same thing when he went to stand up to leave - needless to say he quickly decided otherwise!

Guest reville
Originally posted by t st tantra:

hey rev, does your previous post mean u have never sampled any of your brug collection? god they get bad press!

t s t .

well yes. until now

the other night in nsw i tried a mix with the local fungi + brug suaeveolens + datura meteloides mix. i liked(no loved it) others either didnt or werent sure.

i say though Hyoscine is a mind opener.Take a sitter, have them in the house but nowhwhere near you.Backup but only if you need them

I f only i mght live amongst a society thet could teach me to use this ally

Mushrooms , mescaline and Acid are self evident but tropanes need true direction

Guest DragonFyre

I've smoked stupid amounts of datura meteloides with and without brug mixed in and never found it to do too much - only when mixed with brug and then, nothing more than the brug would do by itself... maybe the datura's just werent too good? not sure as I've always been a lil hesitant of datura (all the wivestales from friends) till recently and now I cant even get any effect at all... maybe its just me

you would think working in a heavy industry enviroment that i would have a lot more care for safety. what im getting at here is the other day i decided to pot a couple of brugs (Uki strain) that i had sitting in beer bottles full of water. both had nice root systems and were ready to pot. ok so i potted the first one and sat the bottle down, you guessed it right next to a bottle of beer i was consuming at the time. 1 minute latter feeling thirsty i took a great big swig of what i thought was beer, luckily for me i realised and spat. I got no results, thank god because i have my dad visitng and i dont think he would understand.

Good to see you tried your own recipie Rev it certainly does add a whole different dimension to a mushroom feast.

[This message has been edited by shroomy (edited 07 March 2002).]

Yeah this brug cuttings from uki are taking right off here at my place. I've only ever read about rooting brug cuttings and never tried it because some ppl said it was hard...well it must be just the right season for it now.

Rev what's the correct name of the uki strain:

Brugmansia suaeveolens sp....what?

my brugmansia sp (uki) are looking good too, but i'll probably have to send them north or move them indoors over winter. starting to wonder what else goes well with brug? instead of fiddling with a maoi i might just add small amounts of brug to other mixes and see what goes. i might also keep plenty of ice on hand to deal with the dry mouth.

id be curious to hear others reports of brug/salvia combination.cant make up my mind because it seemed so different,kind of not salvia,much more in control.

t s t.