The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SaBReT00tH

WANTED: Bulk Hylocereus (dragon fruit) stock for Cacti grafting

As the title says, I'm looking for a bulk amount of Hylocereus (dragon fruit) stock for cacti grafting. This species seems to grow a bit faster than Trichs and root more easily and is one of the preferred choice of stock by cacti geeks. Anyone know where I can get some of these from?

there is alot around here, phillistine has had no luck grafting onto it and ive not tried. Peres are even faster dont want to use them? If your after a more long term graftstock offer that if people send you 2-3 trichs you send them back one with a loph grafted on it, thats what im gonna do :)

Yeah, I had no luck with grafting seedlings to hylocereus, although I was just mucking around blunt blades, putting them outside.... Im sure with practice you could make it work..

check out this link,

http://rschoi.com.ne.kr/cultivation.htm

It's thai I think, so I have no idea what it says but the pics say it all really.

I have had success grafting a loph button onto hylocereus, but I kinda.... killed it by accident.... knocked it off with my sleeve one day and then stood on it... :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2:

I reckon go for it, I can get you a truck load of the stuff if your interested.....

what you got? :lol:

- Phil