The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Siggor

Rauvolfia verticillata - Snakeroot

does anybody know how to prep this plant for use? would be great

cheers guys

I sometimes make a tea out of the leaves of rauvolfia tetraphylla. Usually 5 - 10 leaves or 2-3 grams dried. Most people here don't seem to keen due to the supposed neuro transmitter depleting properties, but I liike it. Very soothing with a pleasant effect.

For several days afterwards I feel energetic and actively participate in strenuous exercise, which I would otherwise not do. I did write a report somewhere here if you have a look around.

I sometimes make a tea out of the leaves of rauvolfia tetraphylla. Usually 5 - 10 leaves or 2-3 grams dried. Most people here don't seem to keen due to the supposed neuro transmitter depleting properties, but I liike it. Very soothing with a pleasant effect.

For several days afterwards I feel energetic and actively participate in strenuous exercise, which I would otherwise not do. I did write a report somewhere here if you have a look around.

awesome i might give it ago in summer, might help me with not buying energy drinks everyday. would it give the same effect?

it is generally consumed as tea. I guess, being an indole, it might help to add a dash of lemon juice and to steep it in cold water before heating, and to simmer it for a few minutes, or at least keep it aroudn the 80-90degC for 10 minutes or so.