The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
terah

Arborea fruit

Ive just gotten hold of a heap of Arborea fruit and as I have never even seen any before, have no idea what to do with it. I have fresh fruit picked of a tree and heaps of dry ones picked up off the ground. Its definetly an Arborea as I used the Brug id chart that Torsten sent me. And if you read this Reville, I have heaps for the seed ring if you want any. Any ideas anyone?

The seed has to come out of the fruit quickly before it goes mouldy. Give it a quick dry for a few days to reduce moisture below rotting levels and then sry more slowly. The slower they dry, the longer they will be viable. This means that once they have been out for a bout 10 days (at summer temps and low humidity) then they can be placed in the dairy compartment in the fridge.

Can I put my hand up for some please.

Sure Torsten, Ill get some out to you early in the week. Do you want fresh fruit or dried ones, actually it might be best I send both so I dont mess it up. I need your address again. Do you also want any cuttings?

Probably safest if you dry them for a week or two first. They'd rot in the mail. Just don't expose them to heat and keep them well ventilated so they don't go mouldy. If they develop any mould, just put them in the sun for 5-10 minutes each day, or alternatively give them a rinse with 1% chlorine solution for 1 minute. But really, these are easy seeds and you are unlikely to encounter any problems.

I guess if you send some cuttings, then you could throw in a few seeds too please. But better hang on cos I still owe you for the last lot..... (slap on wrist)

Torsten, Dont stress, I realize youve been really busy with this site. I really dont mind to get these off to you. Im sure I can trust you.

Guest reville

Thta reminds me- torsten IOU those brug candida double whites.

Terah - how did yours go? need replacemnets?

Hey Reville, The suaveolens is going great as is one of the other ones you didnt label. What is it. The single cutting you sent in mulch didnt make it. What was it? The Datura seeds are growing well. I dont need any more Brugs at the moment as I have too many going.Thanks anyway.Do you want some Arborea seeds? I put some in water yesterday and they have already sprouted. Also I have found that the bigger Brug cuttings are the better they grow. You probably knew that.

Guest reville

oops no labels

the dead single one was a yellow sanguina

the ulabelled ones are the candida double whites.

love some arborea seed thanks

let me know if i can help you with anything

rev,sorry 2 post off topic,cant post on seed forum.seeds should arrive tues or wed.pls change dates on packets to 2002 ,i forgot it is a new year.t s t.