The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Benzito

Wanted: Spore Syringes.

Finally got a pressure cooker, Kat gave it to me for my b'day. So, I'ma grow some mushrooms! :lol:

Anyone got a spore syringe of some cold weather edibles they want to sell/trade?

Maybe some Oysters or something like that? I'm not really picky, just keen to try growing mushrooms for the first time, and looking even more forward to eating them. :wink:

FunkyFungus has agar cultures ATM, but I don't want to have to make a syringe myself....

If you can get "Shimeji" from the supermarket, it's probably Hypsizygus ulmarius, the White Elm oyster. I bought some, chopped the shrooms off the butt stem, and ate them. The butt that was left, about the size of a golf ball, I shoved into a pop corn and wheat mix, that was left over from earlier. It had a blob of mold in it, so I pulled out the mouldy lump. In less than a week, mycelium was all over the grain, no further contamination probs. I'm also growing this species on my used coffee grounds-I put some colonised grain in a used yoghurt container, and every day I top it up with yesterdays coffee grounds. The mycelium are visble each day, having made their way through the coffee.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Andy, I sent a PM.

Anyone else got anything else to offer along those lines?

I would like to say that AndyAmine and Watertrade are both really cool guys.

I should have enough cultures to keep me growing for a while now. I am going to be eating well too! :lol:

I would like to say that AndyAmine and Watertrade are both really cool guys.

I should have enough cultures to keep me growing for a while now. I am going to be eating well too! :lol:

Thanks Benzito, :)

if anyone else wants to do some trades for fungi let me know ! :)