The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tonic

Fungi ID please

Question

Anyone know what these might be. They had light brown stems and lemon yellow gills. Not what I was looking for but was thinking they might be an indicator species. Some help would be much appreciated.

gallery_3332_146_373077.jpg

gallery_3332_146_1173000.jpg

gallery_3332_146_827205.jpg

gallery_3332_146_311362.jpg

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Don't know what they are but I have seen one before in sub territory. It was about the closest looking thing to a sub I have ever seen except for it's yellow/lemon colouring.

not sure if they're an idicator species, but they look alot like Cortinarius abnormis to me.

i believe the native habitat of Cortinarius abnormis is very similar to P. subauruginosa.

Thanks. Will have a search for that one on the net. I really need to get a good fungi ID book. As you can see these ones were growing on woodchipped garden beds in a park they are, came up after the rains we have been having, so the conditions seemed perfect for subs, but no such luck as yet. Saw them from a car and went back for a closer look. Heaps of them growing there now, bummer they are not subs as there are plenty, I could tell straight away from looking closer they were not subs though. Bummer!

Might have to go for a look in the same area again, see if anything else is coming up.