The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SaBReT00tH

Amanita tripping from touching them

FOAF touched some wild amanitas one day, and then another 2 days in a row after handled some whilst drying them. Each time for a few hours after his body would begin to feel most of all fatigued and very very tired, numb, feel like motion throughout his body, slight nausea and lose his appetite for food.

No visible juice had come out of the amanitas so he questioned is this from the ibotenic acid of the amanitas rubbing against the skin of his hands and being quickly absorbed???

FOAF has heard of one person before hand who has experienced this also. Anyone had experiences like this whilst handling these?

One could possibly ponder using this method as a tool for insomnia as the zombie like weariness was very very pronounced? Touching amanitas before bed?

Edited by SaBReT00tH

One could possibly ponder using this method as a tool for insomnia

Brilliant! Fantastic idea! although would there be potential for toxin buildup in the body that could have late complications over a long period of time?

Handling fresh Amanitas does do this to you! But it's not tripping, it's mild poisoning... Amanitas only produce *good* effects (in the opinion of those who use them for spiritual purposes) when they are dried and the ibotenic acid has been converted into non-toxic/hallucinogenic muscimol. So handling fresh amanitas is not a recommended way to get over insomnia IMHO. :blink:

if it works, and doesnt have any negative side effects then its still a good application to have in the back of your mind, never know when it might come in handy

being around them quite a bit you end up inhaling quite a few spores. ive known an amanita handler who always used gloves, but still got the same bizzare effects, he figured it to be the spores as he never touched them with skin.

maybe try wearing a face mask?

EDIT - forgot to mention, the person i mentioned did not find the effects at all pleasant and is best avoided.

Edited by Amulte

i sniff an experiment comming, Intoxication via spores or skin contact!!

Inhalation of spores cant be healthy, tsk tsk, fungal spore inhalation causes diseases

yeah FOAF imagined he dried them in a food dehydrator and the waft dutched out the entire room with at first a (Moldy pussy like smell) and then as they began to dry/heat, more like an amanita soup type smell. He's wondered whether these 'vapours'/smell will affect him in that poisonous kind of way too?

could be just a sensitivity/allergic response to ibotenic acid or other compounds.

AJ :)

Moldy pussy like smell

are u sure that wasnt your gf? lol!!!

:) :), u know im just kidding

thats sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny and witty shroomytoonos not

Edited by Tepa

thats sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny and witty shroomytoonos not

it was alot funnier that the above quote... LOL LOL LOL :) where did you get your sense of humour.... waynes world? LOL LOL, shit shroomy, your on a role!

nope, my g/f only smells like roses :P Shroomy tones, maybe you're confusing the familiar smell with your mummy when she gave birth to you, I hear they make a quality breed down in Tasmania! :wave-finger:

Edited by SaBReT00tH

nope, my g/f only smells like roses :P Shroomy tones, maybe you're confusing the familiar smell with your mummy when she gave birth to you, I hear they make a quality breed down in Tasmania! :wave-finger:

they do.... it all has to do with isolating unique family genes, and passing them on... I got my mums and my dad's/brothers... I see your mum passed on her illiteracy gene, "Shroomy tones" for example. lol, your alright sabertooth... no hard feelings, i just saw an opportunity with the moldy pussy thing. :).

I wrote your name like that on purpose (considering shroomytoonos isn't even a proper word, or two words, or three words (is kinda italian sounding though, perhaps?), illiteracy isn't a problem considering I excelled in english during college.

i though flies would have too much liquid for a dehydrator?

how did it go?

how long did it take?

much drippage?i think this could be a loss of very potent product unless collected after drying.

impressed with smoked dried skin,quite nice stimulant,more potent than flesh.

have a feeling cooking/sweating and then straining/filtering and reduction may be a good way of proccessing to a potent product.

t s t .

thanks Tantra! I think FOAF must have dried them in the dehydrator for a total of say 20 hours? First he probably broke the white stem off and crushed it into about 3-4 strips, and then broke the cap into a few smaller pieces so as to fit in the dehydrator and also dries better. No drippage/spillage at all. Though the thickness of the amanitas, especially caps meant that it took a fair while to dry properly. Would this mean they would still be potent if they didn't drip?

Does dehydration drying with warm air properly convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol or should they still be boiled in a saucepan, or sweated out and absorbed on a piece of toast (through oven/grilling method)?

FOAF watched sacred weeds - amanita muscaria and was very amazed at the 'seeing little people phenomena' historically associated with Amanitas.

Also, has anyone found the 'delirious' type effects still occur through smoking rather than the soup consumption method? And would different or better effects occur is 1 part of the smoking mix was stalk and 2 parts were red skin?

Whilst on the topic of amanitas also has anyone discovered any other way of propagation other than through pine trees and native australian (eucalypts I think)? FOAF pondered about experimentation in propagation near the prehistoric Ginkgo tree and other types. One could wonder, if they spread many bits of spore around a large variety of different types of trees if a symbiotic relationship could be established by at least of them? Seems interesting to try considering amanitas have such large caps and so much spore potential seems available.

Edited by SaBReT00tH