The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
PD.

Backyard subs.... :)

That was the funniest thing you've ever said, shroomy.

I concur - that was well above the usual standards mate! :worship::lol:

Nice one, Passive.

Today I went for a walk to see if there were any there, as a few days ago there were many a pin, but alas there was no trace.

Upon walking home, in a woodchipped garden bed on the side of the road - I saw about 100 just growing there!

Sneaky little buggers they are :)

Was easy enuff to go out a couple of times a nite with the torch and find the main offenders, which are easily relocated over the fence into the neighbours yard

I´m guilty. I´ve just thrown one big bag of slugs over the fence to the sweet old neighbor grannie. She has plenty of salad and i hate those slimy slugs. Old people sometimes need an enemy to fight against or they feel worthless. :innocent_n:

Edited by Evil Genius

Yeah, there was a park near my house that looks perfect for subs but in four years of looking for them I have never found any.

In 2005 I had a few shrooms that went mouldy be for they dried so I just went down to this park (in late july I think) and spread the shrooms over wood chips, went back every week in 2006 and found nothing, went back last weekend and they where just sitting there waiting for me. :drool2:

It really does work, so this season i'm going to help these little mushrooms spread the love :P

Edited by jabez

There is a tech where you only have to put your legal mycelium or mushrooms in a standard bag of Rind mulch. Theoretically, this should also work with every wood loving psilocybe. bye Eg

Another good way is to soak some corrugated Box-type cardboard in warm water overnight, and when you clean your subs stick all the stem buts in a container to one side.

Then peel the layers of moist cardboard apart, stick the stem butts in between the layers and put them in a plastic container with a few small air-holes punched in the lid (eg. a small chinese take away container).

The stem butts will colonise the cardboard, and you can then cut this up and bury it in a wood mulched garden somewhere and spawn a new patch.