The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
billy

yohimbe

a friend of mine recently asked me to get some powdered yohimbe for him. this arrived and he asked me how to ingest? it.

i personally know nothing about it and have been unable to get any real info on it.

any responses would be much appreciated.

thanks.

I read that the best way to ingest yohimbe is to soak in a strong alcohol for eight hours. (Which puts the yohimbine in suspension). Then dry the soln. out on a baking sheet, carefully. (Converting it to yohimbine HCL). Once it is fully dried scrape the powder of the baking sheet and you have yohimbine HCL, which is more soluble and faster acting. To use you place the powder under the tounge. I don't know the dosage off hand.

Note: 1oz. of yohimbe powder should produce 1gm of yohimbine HCL. (I think)

a friend of mine recently asked me to get some powdered yohimbe for him. this arrived and he asked me how to ingest?

The easiest way is to make a tea simmered for 10 minutes. With a dash of lemonjuice to bring out the alkaloids. It's disgusting.

I read that the best way to ingest yohimbe is to soak in a strong alcohol for eight hours. (Which puts the yohimbine in suspension).

High grade alcohol would put it in solution. Low grade would not dissolve it at all.

Then dry the soln. out on a baking sheet, carefully. (Converting it to yohimbine HCL).

The alkaloid yohimbine is present in the plant material as a mixture of free base and organic salts. Not as the hydrochloride salt. To make the hydrochloride salt would require the addition of hydrochloric acid and requires some expertise. The Hcl salt is also not very soluble in water (and stomach), so it should be avoided. The organic salts or citrate salts (from lemon juice) are much more soluble.

Once it is fully dried scrape the powder ..

It won't dry to a powder due to the tanins and sugars.

.. and you have yohimbine HCL, which is more soluble and faster acting.

more soluble than the free base, but less soluble than other salts.

To use you place the powder under the tounge. I don't know the dosage off hand.

to use any concentrated extract /powder without knowing much about the material or the dosage is very dangerous. Yohimbine can kill in very high doses.

Note: 1oz. of yohimbe powder should produce 1gm of yohimbine HCL. (I think)

1oz = 28g at 2% alkaloid level (commercial average) this would be about 0.5g.

For strong effects use 4g of bark powder.

[This message has been edited by Torsten (edited 01 October 2000).]

Thank you for the information Torsten. That is good information to know considering yohimbie is not the cheapest herb to aquire. I apologize for the mis-information, I was mearly passing on information from "Magical & Ritual Use of Herbs", by Richard Allan Miller.

Glad I could help :-)

Just make sure that anyone who uses this starts with low doses, ie with less than 1g just to see how they tolerate the experience.

Guest reville

Did you all find the yohimbe taste bad?

Try chocolate and yohimbe ala Hot chocolate

I found it tasty

My girlfriend liked the taste too , but not as much

I think our chemistries are quite different

oipposite even - i like things like yohimbe , but speedy things dont do much , shes the opposite - the yohimbe had some uncomfortable effects on her , so i think she might try less next time, ie medicinal rather than recreational dosages