The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
devance

Rape of Mars?

The crux of the situation is how is it that a molecular life form which is us is going spread and reproduce by starships [first problem] on planets that wouldn't have the biosphere such as a one second pulsation of the earths magnetic field.

That would totally disorientate a mars astronaut if mars magnetic field pulsates at different rate.

So a box going to mars and another box for atmosphere and temperature and another for home planet primary biological magnetic planet pulsuations which are 1 per second.

Where we got the second time unit.

Luckly all the above bruuhaa is when considering extra dimensions.

So already the case and no necessity to use other planets.

Bible is the best source for understanding such.

in MRI machines the cells in our bodies are subjected to magnetic fields 10,000 times stronger than the terran magnetosphere, enough to realign every cell according to its type, and this apparantly has no ill effects. so a bit of magnetic weirdness on mars or elsewhere might take some acclimatisation but probably not a major problem.

Edited by komodo

Yeah but a MRI magnetic field aligns water molecules in a sort time.

While a specific radio energy is emitted.

Absorbed by the aligned water molecules the molecules then discharge the energy into a different frequency.

The reemitted radio wave is picked up by sensors.

Very complicated and doesn't have much to do with long term lesser planetarymagnetic fields that are used and inherent in biological signals.

Hi komodo, thanks for your response,

"...i can make a good case that such value should be ascribed by intelligent, caring, reflective beings like humans..."

It is this that I would love to hear more about, but its pretty OT so perhaps later or in another thread? Or better yet, maybe you can suggest some good reading material... digital or hard copy, its all good.

Also, I can relate to your statement "personally i think our blue planet, functioning ecosystems, and biodiversity are shatteringly beautiful, and i put this personal objective idealism of beautiful living systems ahead of the well being of any particular body or species, including my own." except for maybe the putting it ahead of my own life... in my head, sure, but not quite yet in praxis.

I wasn't very clear on the biological signals as to why are important.

I called a gateway theory.

Which simply means the body can recognize signals.

A digital rather than a analog model.

So it doesn't matter one how great a magnetic field or less.

It has to be just the right strength and pulse at just the right time otherwise rejected.

If there is no such field than that is a matter of speculation on what happens.

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/...905220070529NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Railway workers exposed to low-frequency magnetic fields may have an elevated risk of certain blood cancers, new study findings suggest.

In a study of more than 20,000 Swiss railway workers who were followed for 30 years, researchers found that certain workers' risk of myeloid leukemia and Hodgkin's lymphoma climbed in tandem with their exposure to very low-frequency magnetic fields.

Train drivers, who had the greatest exposure, were nearly five times more likely to develop myeloid leukemia than station managers, the workers with the lowest exposure to magnetic fields.

Drivers were also more than three times as likely to be diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease, a cancer of the lymph system.

The gateway theory isn't without proof from another angle.

There is a fantastic sci-fi trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson about colonisation of Mars (Red, Green & Blue Mars), which describes the likely scientific & political hurdles & possible solutions. Very interesting.

interesting stuff devance. are planetary magnetic fields (eg. mars) within similar frequency ranges to those the mine workers were exposed to?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6221424.stm

'Mounting a mission to Mars would face many other hurdles, not least of which would be shielding the crew against the potentially deadly dose of radiation they would receive on the journey.'

'volunteers for a simulated human trip to Mars, in which six crewmembers spend 17 months in an isolation tank.

'They will live and work in a series of interlocked modules at a research institute in Moscow. '

---------------------------------------------

I would use 17 members.

8 would be female.

for only 6 months.

Thats how babies are born, perhaps nationalism doesn't trump biology.

Now that I think about it would 62 candidates.

Alot of sex should be expected.

The only people that thinks differently are politicals that create illusions for the masses for a nationalistic illusion.

17-8? still way too many dudes. can you imagine living with a bunch of blokey russian overachievers in isolation for that long? maybe if there were 14 or 15 women it would be bearable. i should recommend that to them as way of reducing psychosis and violent confrontation; 'the martian harem strategem' :)

Komodo I think your right.

Especially if the russian women had blond dyed hair.

Four males servicing 16 female cosmonauts for 17 months would be very psychologically involving.

The nasty radiation problem could be handled with any of three types of plasma shielding.

A anode, capacitor, radioactive type.

They would all have to failsafe and use the vacuum.

Wouldn't want the disco party to interrupted.

Perhaps many types of intoxicants could be provided as well as music and a zero gravity dance area..

I still think its impossible to get to mars but interesting to speculate on in a practical manner.

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/2007/620/2

"One way around those difficulties, moon advocates say, is to build telescopes up to 100 meters in diameter using mirrors with a thin but highly reflective liquid coating. The liquid rides atop a spinning base that keeps it spread out and perfectly shaped"

-------------------------------------------------

A old Sci Fi idea using spinning mercury as a parabolic mirror.

Seems like very good idea as mercury is heavy and any thing as a new metallic a very thin physic film on the surface would naturally arise so for filtering light. The top metallic layer could be easyly changed, could be drawn off the surface for a new type on metallic light filter.

So a mercury medium if under the proper condition form a light transmitting surface interface with a metallic. addition of choice.

Why go to the moon?