The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Warrioe-Sage

fav game atm ?

Guest Warrioe-Sage

I like Half Life 2, call of duty 2,

I am playing Silent Hill 1 at the moment Its 8 years old and emulated

from the PSX but still one of my favorites of all time, genuinely scary and with a plot to it.

Silent Hill 2/3/4 are all out on PC

post-333311-1155499073.jpg

Can't believe they never made that 1st one for PC

There is however an emulated one I just found

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3573553/Silent_Hill_I_for_PC

or (this one has instructions if yo are having trouble geting this to run)

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/407087/S...lti_Lingual_rar

Its also on BitTorrent:

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=Silent+Hi...1+Multi+Lingual

Includes:

a)the actual game

b)an updater patch

There never was an official version of Silent Hill 1 on PC, but the gents over at Silentscape

Studios took the ePSXe emulator, an ISO of the PSX version of Silent Hill, and modified it

for maximum ease of use on a PC. Make sure to install the patch after the game, it fixes a

few problems (like stuttery speech), and gives you more options (change controls, etc).

I guess its like Resident Evil only I liked Silent Hill way more than Resident Evil,

you have to work a lot of puzzles out and stuff, plus it is a genuinely scary game.

Most people these days will say "the graphics are crap" and so on

but all I say to that is "f**k you" - the first time I played this game

I was shitting myself, the gameplay is ace, its scary, the plot is ace,

the puzzles make it a far more interesting game than most and the

best thing is it lasts ages! Its got everything a game should have,

but they (Konami) never made it for PC - however I have just got

this emulated version and it runs perfectly. You have to use the keys

only (if my gamepad worked with it that would be perfect) but its

good enough even just on the keys.

I dunno how someone put a 60 minute long video on YouTube but here is

Silent Hill 1 as a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH0fu90zTiY

Im sure its not the whole game nailed in 60 minutes but you never know.

you can get it on eMule, just search eMule (put it on Global Servers) and search

for silent hill 1.2.1 then grab the most available one - its an ISO file, its only

381Mb, I got it on eMule, it took ages (like 6 hours). The torrent might be faster.

I don't really care if it took a week, all I care about is IT EXISTS - AND IT WORKS ON PC!

Hint: Don't set the graphics all on high settings, it makes the game crash to the

desktop... leave all the graphics on default, I think 1024 x 768 is the default

but heh, this is PSX remember so I suppose theres no point putting it over

640 x 480.

I think Silent Hill 1 was better than 2/3/4... which incidentally all came out on PC

but the first one never did, until now

SH is an all time favourite!

SH2 is also very good -ps2

http://www.mininova.org/tor/213782

I have res evil 1 for PC, but only played

10 minutes of it. I never like sequels, quake

2 was good, better than 1 but... na, they repeat

stuff to much, its sad and unimaginitive which

is the cause of unimagination in the 1st place so,

down we go

also for the record, Best game on playstation on is easily final fantasy7 and maybe resident evil.

Fav games ATM, CNC3, CNC generals and neverwinter2

----------------------------------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WS and anyone else for that matter, if your interested in PS Roms i have a small but decent and growing collection if you want some, i can burn on dvd n send yas.

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

so you are posting direct to bitches and gripes ws :scratchhead: games must get controversial too :scratchhead::unsure::)

Silent hill is excellent, have only ever played the original on psx but someone stole it / forgot to return it so I never explored it to it's full extent, but even then it's got quite a nice range of possibilities in the game skewing the story line depending on your decisions. That little ringing bell builds the atmosphere for sure, but it's even better in the mangled schools and hospitals with lots of weird things occurring and those little ghostlike people, wow I can still vividly remember all the details, made such a good impression. And those carnival cut scenes with the police women and her eyes as well as her similar scene in the hospital, wow so well done.

The video cut scenes are excellent and make it even more creepy, but i'd agree it's one of the scariest games I've played and for the time, the graphics were kickarse, I still feel they are excellent even though it differs from todays technology.

Was a big fan of the resident evil series too, particularly 1 and 2, only played 3 for a little while. Got stuck into them at friends places during mid-late primary school, perfect time for those games as my mind was potentiating the games effects with lots of intrigue with all the puzzles etc, am very glad I touched on them at that point in time, lots of good memories. Never got into directors cut and all the side games that sprung off, just the original psx first 2 titles.

Haven't played games for a long time, but IME, by far the best games in that puzzle solving/mangled genera were Resident Evil and silent hill. Dino Crisis at the same time fulfilled my archeology side with the similar genera, but was pretty crap but still playable and fun at times.

thanks for bringing it up ws :D I'm expecting you to actually be taking the piss and turn this around lol so i'm all open, but I enjoyed it :)

Another one that I didn't finish (i.e. friend lost it) but one that I eventually got engrossed in was Parasite Eve (the first one) similar to that genera but more so RPG final fantasy like, but focussed on biology and mutations and the likes in NYC. Excellent graphics and gameplay, but you really need to enjoy the RPG/Final Fantasy genera, still kickarse and well worth checking out even. It's quite a long game but really engrossing once you get past the kind of boring start, the museum is really interesting when the dinosaurs come to life :P Quite grounded in reality in parts, but with massive fantasy twists too, but still grounded in biology in a sense.

Edited by gerbil

im going to get linched for this... but my friends and i are going crazy for FIFA 06...ok ok i know its not clever, challenging or graphically impressive but we get so much out of being able to play two on two or four on the one team, its a blast. (but i guess you have to be into international soccor to appreciate it)

i wouldnt otherwise have much experience with games but i must say with a crew we can end up playing for the entire day (may or may not be with a little Puff here and there)

this is my nerd contribution.

:blush:

Edited by endogenous

recently I have been loving the "risk" games on warcraft 3 battlenet. my recent

previous favs have been starcraft and elderscrolls 4:oblivion

can anyone recommend a good fps, which isnt too strategy based???

Edited by shroomytoonos

Guest Warrioe-Sage
so you are posting direct to bitches and gripes ws :scratchhead: games must get controversial too :scratchhead::unsure::)

Silent hill is excellent, have only ever played the original on psx but someone stole it / forgot to return it so I never explored it to it's full extent, but even then it's got quite a nice range of possibilities in the game skewing the story line depending on your decisions. That little ringing bell builds the atmosphere for sure, but it's even better in the mangled schools and hospitals with lots of weird things occurring and those little ghostlike people, wow I can still vividly remember all the details, made such a good impression. And those carnival cut scenes with the police women and her eyes as well as her similar scene in the hospital, wow so well done.

The video cut scenes are excellent and make it even more creepy, but i'd agree it's one of the scariest games I've played and for the time, the graphics were kickarse, I still feel they are excellent even though it differs from todays technology.

Was a big fan of the resident evil series too, particularly 1 and 2, only played 3 for a little while. Got stuck into them at friends places during mid-late primary school, perfect time for those games as my mind was potentiating the games effects with lots of intrigue with all the puzzles etc, am very glad I touched on them at that point in time, lots of good memories. Never got into directors cut and all the side games that sprung off, just the original psx first 2 titles.

Haven't played games for a long time, but IME, by far the best games in that puzzle solving/mangled genera were Resident Evil and silent hill. Dino Crisis at the same time fulfilled my archeology side with the similar genera, but was pretty crap but still playable and fun at times.

thanks for bringing it up ws :D I'm expecting you to actually be taking the piss and turn this around lol so i'm all open, but I enjoyed it :)

Another one that I didn't finish (i.e. friend lost it) but one that I eventually got engrossed in was Parasite Eve (the first one) similar to that genera but more so RPG final fantasy like, but focussed on biology and mutations and the likes in NYC. Excellent graphics and gameplay, but you really need to enjoy the RPG/Final Fantasy genera, still kickarse and well worth checking out even. It's quite a long game but really engrossing once you get past the kind of boring start, the museum is really interesting when the dinosaurs come to life :P Quite grounded in reality in parts, but with massive fantasy twists too, but still grounded in biology in a sense.

cool, nice post.

You can still get these games from ebay.

If you are in australia I would suggest buying from the UK ebay as you will save a lot of money from buying from there. (UK are pal and will work on aussie systems this goes for nintendo, Wii, X-box, PS 1,2,3.)

Edited by Warrioe-Sage

Guest Warrioe-Sage
recently I have been loving the "risk" games on warcraft 3 battlenet. my recent

previous favs have been starcraft and elderscrolls 4:oblivion

can anyone recommend a good fps, which isnt too strategy based???

Doom original and Doom 2.

Duke Nukem 3D.

Quake original.

Half Life original and Half-life 2

wolfenstein

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Call of Duty 1

Call of Duty 2

Criteria = It takes ages to complete (hours a night for weeks or months),

it is genuinely scary and has you genuinely panicked, it has a plot to it.

I don't care about graphics. I played Duke Nukem 3D again recently

and it is far better than "modern" games like Doom III and Quake IV.

Games are getting shorter and shorter whilst being easier to develop

and becoming more and more expensive, whilst having stupid protection

on them that is more of a problem for genuine users than the people

using cracked copies, like Half Life 2 with "Steam" for example, or like

with Battlefield 2 there are genuine users getting "invalid key" messages

and kicked out of their game for no reason.

Anyone who hasn't played Half Life 2 should play it,

that game is simply "a glimpse into the future". Well maybe we won't

all be running around with a crowbar smashing up planks of wood

but the third world-ish tower blocks full of people, prisoners in their

own homes living in dire poverty and the cops in ski masks coming

round, just like in V for Vendetta with the reclaimation, AFAIAC we

are heading exactly that way. There I just made up a new acronym,

synonym, whatever the f**k its called.

if you play BF2 on single player then there is no plot whatsoever. Im playing

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault again now (its from 2002) and its ace although

Call Of Duty is better.

I liked all these... (still worth playing if you've never played them)

GTA III

GTA Vice City

GTA San Andreas

Medal of Honor Allied Assault

The Thing (although you can't jump, lol)

The Suffering

Bad Boys 2 (lol, but it was cool)

Doom 1

Doom 2

Quake 1

Quake 2

Half Life 1

Half Life 2

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Call of Duty 1

Call of Duty 2

Alien V's Predator

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4

Dead Mans Hand (cowboy game - runs really smooth and has decent graphics)

Max Payne 1 (could never get 2 to run without the screen going grey on the slow mo)

The Punisher

Spiderman

Hulk

I am sure there are many many more I forgot!

Its PSX I loved the most tho, games like "Akuji The Heartless" were

amazing or, maybe I was just that pissed and stoned in those days,

thats what made it good?

thanks warrioe, most of thos fps are like 100 years old now though... although great for the time... i was thinking something a bit more recent though :). it is great though to see that you do participate in the mundane activities of our humble dimension.

I have been playing Command and Conquer 3. Pretty good game and lasts forver.

Call of duty United offensive for me. Play guite regularly on Austin server.

Some great scary games by Monolith (very potential company with more to come) - producing games like F.E.A.R. and Condemned. Good games with a reasonable story line.

Game I'm playing now again is Farcry, an older one but still a goodie.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is one of the most addictive, if not Half Life 2 - which I rekon is the best game i've ever played overall.

Also, who played and loved Final Fantasy 7?

Elder Scrolls IV (Oblivion) is probably the best RPG/Adventure i've played with awesome graphics and seemingly endless gameplay.

Mafia and Godfather were pretty entertaining too.

NFS: Carbon - relatively fun racing game (only cus it has the Monaro :P)

Magic: the Gathering Online. :lol:

Anyone else into MtG?

I still like computer games and sometimes really wish I could get into one, but mostly I find them shallow, unoriginal, and/or cheesy as hell - I guess that's what you get when the target market is 14 yr old boys. I really enjoy economic management/strategy games (Rise of Nations is a fave) but I find the emphasis on war a little difficult to enjoy, and they are nearly all ripoffs of each other.

I have been playing Eets (http://www.eetsgame.com) an amusing little puzzle game and Mount and Blade (http://www.taleworlds.com/), a very realistic but not quite finished medieval RPG.

I guess that's what you get when the target market is 14 yr old boys.

most games nowdays are actually marketed to 16-30 yo males

Edited by shroomytoonos

If i get time counterstrike source :D also play company of hero's, really awesome WW2 strat.

Prey is a pretty cool FPS with some weird features, pretty good and not that old. for a straight forward shooter, also yea F.E.A.R is good too.

As for management games, There can only be one, and that one IMO is Civilization (was hooked for a crazy amount of time)

And agreed Elder Scrolls Oblivion is one of a kind (apart from its previous version witch still kicks ass to this day)

Klue, i can pretty much remember the whole story for ff7 scene by scene thats how much i loved it n played it :)

Best game ever. i dont think any of the newer ones where as good.

(8 wasent bad,9 was cool but from 10 on i never got really involved with em, they changed everything, tho FF12 on PS2 looks like its worth playing)

Hellonasty, lol i know how you feel, when playing CNC3 i was starting to get annoyed at how long it was but its worth it.

i'll put my vote in for elderscrolls 4:oblivion.

i'm looking forward to the release ov Hellgate: London

edit--- WS--i agree w/shroomy, it is good to see you posting about something other than the illuminati :wink:

Edited by nabraxas

Nab,never heard of hellgate but Just checked and it looks friggen awesome, too awesome for my PC :( ild have to play that on low detail lol (like most new games these days)

Ill be waiting for that one

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney on the nintendo DS and zelda on the wii are my current fav games.

I have given up on the tunnel vision games.

Not very interesting.

I don't have the video card for textures,for all the new games are out.

GE force minimum.

Like to smash the opponent: RTS games with focus in action close in.

[total commander- or 2160 but my computer lacks the capabilitys as to a video card]

The new games take double of my computer ram memory.

Maybe the warhammer is more computer compatible maybe?

Shroomy if ya want a good FPS gotta try Halo! Its legendry :) Can't believe it hasen't been mentioned yet :o

Some of my fav games have been:

Black

Gears of War

Blazing Angels

Spliner Cell's (all of them)

Rainbow Six's (all of them)

Halo

Halo 2

Ninja Gaiden

Ghost Recon's (All of them)

There a heaps more, can't remember them ATM. Gears of War is an excellent game as is Black, 2 of my fav shooters. The halo's are awesome as well especially if you have a few friends to sys link with and blaze away at :)

Halo 3 is due to be released soon WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

EDIT: Forgot Max Payne. Damn fun game that lasts a while.

Edited by Harry

i'm getting back into paper scissors rock in a big way

If you like that genre than there is Clive Barkers:

The Undying:

Very good A-plus for about 3/4 of the game but just a tunnel afterwards.

Worked on mine.