The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

Khat experience ect

Hey dudes. The other day I was feeling like shit (run down, tired, lethargic, unmotivated). I was looking at my garden and how much everything has grown through the summer. In particular a Khat plant of white veined, clone variety, that I re-potted half way through summer resulting in excellent growth and health in the plant.

I was visually picking side shoots that might do well as cuttings and thought it might be nice to eat a leaf, so I picked a big new growth leaf from the tip of a side shoot and proceeded to chew it. It tasted good, not especially tannic or volatile, just organic and a little bitter but not especially so. The leaf lasted a good ten minutes of chewing.

An hour or two later I felt good as gold. I had a distinctive film across my field of vision which is hard to explain but I get it from a good dose of coffee or energy drinks, amphetamine. It isn't impairing in the slightest, just a barely noticeable change that is neither positive or negative, but made me think that my improved mood and energy levels were from the Khat.

I was mildly stimulated for the remainder of the evening. To my surprise I could not sleep as hard as I tried for many hours after I had retired to bed.

I'm sure this is an unusual account and I attribute it to my personal sensitivity to most psychoactive substances. Are there any theories on drug sensitivity which investigate increasing sensitivity to compound/s over time as they have learned the compound or become familiar with them, they bind more strongly??? Or if high doses are used for periods of time and then completely ceased for a long time only tiny amounts are needed to produce significant effect?

One classic case is the person who cant get stoned for the first time until they smoke many pipes of very high potency bud. Then once they have been properly stoned, only small amounts are needed in future to produce noticeable effects.

MD

its good like that, tho ive often thought of the taste as volotile. only positive in effect on long term. have seen/heard of psychosis developed from its abuse.

tho gotta say, best quid i ever tried was 1 leaf of pituri, 2-4 of khat wraped round a few strands of ephedra.

have seen/heard of psychosis developed from its abuse.

never heard of that, do u have a reference?

I'm surprised you got effects from one leaf? i usually have to chew a few young shoots.

Never heard of psychosis from catha, it seems extremely unlikely.

IMHO anything that causes stimulation and suppresion of appetite if abused and over used could result in psychosis

(mild?) psychosis / violent behaviour from habitual, everyday khat chewing is well known

you shouldn't underestimate how much can be consumed by a seasoned user....have you ever seen how fast a taxi driver goes through those twigs on his front seat?? with a massive quid in the side of his cheek :) well imagine someone that does that all day every day as well as coffee drinking & smoking cigarettes ...

Edited by coin