The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
husk

yr favourite natural stimulant

i am growing an oz sp of celastrus[speica/us?] and have plants available from time to time.

one small 2 year old left now and about 20 new babies about 3 months old.might have fresh seed in spring.......hardly any seed last season.

the effects from it seem pretty much identical to cognitol.......i usually just chew about 2 berries.

t s t .

What growing conditions does Celastrus like? Do they survive through winter or are they tropical?

sorry dont know,not many people seem to have had success germinating them so i just do it myself at the moment.

grows fine in very hot mediteranean climate......has thick leaves....seems quite happy in winters down to about 3degreesC.

t s t .

By far the best natural stimulant i've every tried is derived from some plants, but usually sold in powder form its 'phenylethelamine', perfectly legal and 1gram is needed on empty stomach (as it compets with protiens), with juce or cordial,water etc. Not only does it lift your alertness for two-three hourse but dramatically boosts mood and no after crash like guranna/caffine. Scientists constantly say that it's useless taking it because it's rapidly degraded by Monoamine oxadise B, that it doesnt have time to reach brain.....rubbish maby 100-200mg is useless but a gram works. If you know of an potent plants that have (selective) maoi b inhibition then effects last much longer. Kava is a maoi b inhibitor but very mild and its a sedative to combining the too will put you to sleep rather than wake you up! Mabey someone else knows of plants with selective maoi b inhibition (that siggnificant) passionflower is very very weak at this site.

I've grown Celastrus paniculatis a few times, but during power outages in the winter I lost all of them over the years.

In the Amazon there is a tree called Chuchuasi (Mayentus ebenifolia is one of the Latin names applied to this tree) from the bark of which a tea is made for consumption during the week of fasting prior to Ayahuasca ingestion. This tea is said to clear the head and give one energy and spiritual strength.

This tree is a member of the Celastraceae, the same as C. paniculatis and contains a related alkaloid which an Italian company has patented as Maytenine and which they sell for the same uses as I sell Cognitol.

I would not be surprised to find other examples in the Celastraceae of plants containing related cognitive enhancing alkaloids.

As those of you who are familiar with me know, I am a great proponent of people going out and finding related species to active plants that are also active.

There are so many related but untested plants that amazing (or at least interesting) discoveries can be made almost any day of the week by those with the curiosity to do the research.

I'm all about the green tea with jasmine. Madura brand - available at safeway, and keeps me going throughout the day. However, to be honest I drink it mainly for the taste rather than any sort of stmulant effect.

But then again, I'm the guy who will rarely even drink coffee. Me + stimulants = muchos hyperactivity. I really don't want to imagine what I'd be like on anything stronger. :wacko:

lachy,thats prob why you start the day with a sedative,jasmine,we're all different,good u know what works 4u,lol.

t s t .

lachy,thats prob why you start the day with a sedative,jasmine,we're all different,good u know what works 4u,lol.

t s t .

Jasmine a sedative..? I did not know that. No wonder it doesn't make me hyper. :lol:

Something tells me I have much to learn. And thankfully, this looks like the place to do it. :)