The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
rkundalini

"honey tube"

Has anyone actually used this thing? A few months ago I saw plans and instructions for this technique and was never sure whether or not it was bogus ... sounds too good to be true. Torsten?

Of course it is mainly being sold to people who wish to extract Cannabis. Has anyone tried it on any other plants?

I've never seen this particular "honey tube" in action, but yes, the method definitely works & yields well. It's probably worth doing a second extraction on material...

I'd also be interested if other ppl have extracted oil or resin from other plants..?

The guy who makes them has given me a demo of how it works and it is really quite amazing.

I will be trying it for essential oil extraction soon, as there may be a potential for it.

confused.gif So hey, would this work for nutmeg, to extract the oil?

-assassin

Theoretically it would work for nutmeg, but it would also extract all the fats. Nutmeg contains large amounts of nutmeg butter and this woul elute the same way as the essential oil.

Guest reville

I'm interested - can someone supply a URL

or link to more info?please.

Originally posted by Torsten:

Theoretically it would work for nutmeg, but it would also extract all the fats. Nutmeg contains large amounts of nutmeg butter and this woul elute the same way as the essential oil.

So what does that mean?

Is the fat harmful, or does it alter the effects from pure oil?

Can it still be used externaly in the same way pure oil can? wink.gif

Whats the difference simply speaking? (cause simple me am) confused.gif

-assassin

I don't actually know what the butter is used for, but I presume it finds some use in food prep. Insofar I can't see any problem with having the fat in the mix with the essential oil. It makes things a lot more dangerous though, as you can't judge the actual essentail oil content in the mix. I think buying/importing a small amount of mutmeg oil will be a lot cheaper than extracting it from the nuts.

All ready tried that wink.giftongue.gifwink.giftongue.gifwink.giftongue.gifwink.giftongue.gif

Boohahahahah (personal joke)

what is the actual tube made out of? as their is a note of concern on erowid about pvc exudates and i don't think anyone wants to be imbibing dioxin or anything like that?

happiness

earthalchemist

It is made primarily from PVC, but at the temperatures this operates at (well below room temp), and the speed of the extraction, there will be no exudate. I have been told that there are plans for a S/S version later in the year.

Hi Ashley,

I can't seem to get onto the link:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cann...is_info13.shtml

confused.gif

E D

p.s. Sorry it worked this time

even more confused.gif

E D

[This message has been edited by Ed Dunkel (edited 28 April 2000).]

Guest Fish 2000

Would it be possible to use this handy little gadget to extract Salvinorin A from Salvia divinorum?

salvinrin is not soluble in the type of hydrocarbon used in the honey tube. acetone is best for salvinorin