The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
immanuel

Shroom hunting?

My gnome wants to do some shroom hunting this year. He has heard now is the time. My gnome lives under a drain on the central coast of NSW. Where abouts should he be looking for psilocybe mushrooms? Btw, He is not asking for locations, although they'd be helfpul :P My gnomey is just asking what sort of habitat he should be searching around in. He thanks for any help!

Even so, my gnome is quite interested in growing his own, if anyone has any prints they are looking to get rid of, he'd love to work out some sort of a trade.

Edited by mardybum

My gnome wants to do some shroom hunting this year. He has heard now is the time. My gnome lives under a drain on the central coast of NSW. Where abouts should he be looking for psilocybe mushrooms? Btw, He is not asking for locations, although they'd be helfpul :P My gnomey is just asking what sort of habitat he should be searching around in. He thanks for any help!

Even so, my gnome is quite interested in growing his own, if anyone has any prints they are looking to get rid of, he'd love to work out some sort of a trade.

as it gets colder your gnomey should be keeping his little eye out for woodchip garden beds that've been rained on recently. well developed suburban areas are always a good bet, but eucalyptus bush areas are also a chance, where there's plenty of decaying undergrowth and natural eucalyptus mulch around the place. but then i'm sure your gnome already new that :wink:

Central coast NSW you should also be looking for cubensis and copes.

Sorry, my gnome doesn't know much about Mycology. Will he find Cubenis and copes in decaying matter? He thinks this tight rainforests with lots of dead leaves etc all over the ground will be a good spot to look after a rainfall?

It seems that your gnome should be very careful when hunting for mushrooms, because if he doesnt know where to look he probably wouldnt know the first thing about what he is actually looking for.

Please remind your gnome of the dangers of hunting for mushrooms with the myriad of deadly mushrooms around, he should not under any circumstances ever eat a mushroom that he finds without it being correctly identified first.

Edit: Cow pastures are where cubes and copes prefer, by the way. I hope my post didnt sound too harsh, its just that you need to do some research first before asking too many questions.

Try www.shroomery.org

Edited by Hyphalknot

Nah, I know the dangers of eating wild mushrooms. I would never ingest one until it had been identified by not only myself but others too. I found a great webnsite, you just type in the name of a mushroom and it displays how to identify it along with it's habitat. I've been doing alot of reading on the shroomery, great stuff!

Hi mardybum,

I found a great webnsite, you just type in the name of a mushroom and it displays how to identify it along with it's habitat.

You wanna post the url of that site. sounds cool, and i'd love to give it a whirl.

cheers, Obtuse