The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Micromegas

Just a Thought

i sat down with lonliness and had a chat with him and he said you know what sometimes life is lonely and that's fact and I said OK what if i don't want to be lonely and he said, haha too bad, so we made friends :rolleyes:

I've really enjoyed this community lately guys so keep up the good work.

Micro

know what you mean.......

you going to monarto on sat night?

hope to see u there.

t s t .

I'm having the opposite problem, so busy and no alone time. Although alone and lonely are two different things.

What's at Monarto?

and introversion is not depression.....

i think my puter doesnt show some images ,i'll have to ask about.....

this doesnt tell me much......

http://sunadelaide.com/commons/viewtopic.php?t=270

transport thread

http://sunadelaide.com/commons/viewtopic.php?t=282

hope to see you both there.....

yeah i'm in a ...................mood...............

t s t .

Heya micro, SAB is full of people who have ended up making friends with their loneliness :P

If you ever feel like you need somewhere to chat you are welcome on the lab (check the pinned thread in News & Notices for instructions on how to get on) which is pretty much a home for us freaks and geeks :)

Lots of Adelaide crew hang on there some of which I'm sure you've met :)

Although these last few weeks it has been kind of quiet.

Just some quotes concerning loneliness that i like...

"To transform the emptiness of loneliness, to the fullness of aloneness. Ah, that is the secret of life." Sunita Khosla

"Better be alone than in bad company" Thomas Fuller

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration." Pearl S. Buck

"The end comes when we no longer talk with ourselves. It is the end of genuine thinking and the beginning of the final loneliness. The remarkable thing is that the cessation of the inner dialogue marks also the end of our concern with the world around us. It is as if we noted the world and think about it only when we have to report it to ourselves."Eric Hoffer

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy."Dante

"To dare to live alone is the rarest courage; since there are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field, than their own hearts in their closet."Charles Caleb Colton

"No one would choose a friendless existence on condition of having all the other things in the world."Aristotle

and introversion is not depression, but is introspection...

Acidoofilus... Should take my girl to this one, she's only ever heard psy through the stereo. Micro, you could walk to this one :wink::)

Edited by Kenny Blister

Haha, nice one Kenny maybe I should start walking now! I can't work out what this monarto thing is about actually, I have enough trouble even making it to Adelaide now I am without a car (my parents bought a new car but haven't handed me the keys yet cause i made the last car "smell like cactus!"). But it sounds interesting. If I can find some more info i might consider it...

Re: loneliness the fact is I made friends with him as i wandered the earth and he told me a secret he said community and i said what community and he said one that is full of reciprocity, the community that you live in. Living energy he said, all is impermanent but you are alive. I didn't ask him what i was alive for because i knew what he would say... then i thanked the sun and the moon that i was alone because that was how i had learnt about myself, and the wind blew, and a bird was singing, and I wasn't alone anymore; i asked the little bird what she was singing and she said a song. What song I said, and she said a song for you my brother. She walked around in my loneliness with her song, and the wind blew until time had ceased moving. Then there was no bird and no loneliness and no song and no wind; there was only one.

Thanks guys, like i said keep up the good work i've really enjoyed it :wink:

Micro

EDIT: I do have a crappy car that is falling apart that could possibly make the distance from my house to monarto, so long as no police stopped me to check for roadworthiness :o but i can't tell where in monarto this event is being held, any ideas? not with the lions i hope! giraffes would be cool though.

Edited by Micromegas

Hey guys I reckon i'll make it along to this one... probably only make it for Sat. arvo and a little bit into the night as I have some stuff to take care of on Sunday. Also think it's going to be rather cold at night, it's pretty cold down here atm.

I don't know anyone or anything about psytrance or even trance or actually anything dance related but hey, always time to learn. If anyone from here is going, it'd be nice to catch up... anybody know what time they'll be there...

Also to you adelaide cacti-lovers, I've got three spare pieces of Cereus Peruvianus Monstrose... if anyone is interested i'll bring em along and you can have them. No cost. Also got a small wonky tip-piece of T. Tersheckii. Any takers? again, just let me know and i'll bring it along too...

Sweet, so i should be there unless i wake up tomorrow feeling grumpy :blink: or the weather looks too unfriendly for my sensitive skin

Cacth ya,

Micro

i sat down with lonliness and had a chat with him and he said you know what sometimes life is lonely and that's fact and I said OK what if i don't want to be lonely and he said, haha too bad, so we made friends :rolleyes:

I've really enjoyed this community lately guys so keep up the good work.

Micro

As have I.

I know i'm only new to this community but it's been a real pleasure learning and discovering new things and chatting with everyone here. Very happy i stumbled upon this hidden treasure!

Your thoughts and posts have been much enjoyed Micro, especially your experiences and knowledge on the Chavin. Keep the thoughts coming!

Happy to have finally found a community like this in australia.

Thanks everyone

Aya