The Corroboree
bit

My entire collection (56k warn)

Hey all

First of all, it's about my anniversary of one year serious collecting :) I guess in a way I've been very lucky in having the support of my wife, and also finances to be able to afford semi-mature plants which make my collection look more established than it ought to.

So today I put all my plants together (well the ones in pots anyway) to do some growth and quantity comparison shots compared to this time last year :)

First, here's a photo dated start of june 2006, followed by the equivalent pic taken today (I tried to organize the plants in the same positions they were originally so that you can see the growth )

2006:

IMG_2879.jpg

2007:

_MG_1021.jpg

And here are some closer shots of the groups. I'm especially impressed by the really blue bridgeseii (seedling curtesy faslimy), and the growth of the CPM which appeared dormant for so long, all the new growth is in the last 5 months :)

_MG_1022.jpg

_MG_1023.jpg

_MG_1024.jpg

_MG_1025.jpg

This is a pic from 2006 showing the branches of my big peruvian just after I got him:

IMG_2870.jpg

And the same branches today:

_MG_1026.jpg

And lastly the tip of my big scop which I cut down to propogate, surrounded by some awesome aloe vera's that have gone absolutly crazy this summer :) Note my rubbish bag raincoat to stop the rain affecting rooting as we come into winter here :P

_MG_1020.jpg

ps... thanks to Daltons, and Thrive ferts and cacti/succulent mixes for making these guys beautiful :)

Excellent collection bit, nice healthy specimens. Keep up the good work.

My God...

I bet you spend quite some time on your balcony... I know I would.

Great work mate.

I'm impressed Bit, your lucky to have specimens that are so mature after a year of collecting.

Nice collection mate... :lol:

Congrats Bit - some absolutely gorgeous specimens there and massive amounts of growth over the last 12 months! I love the difference in size in the CPM! Its almost doubled!! :drool2:

Thanks everyone :) Would like to fast forward 5 years and see what it's looking like for sure :D Wish I'd started doing this 10 years ago too!

Yes I do spend a lot of time on the balcony - there's a great view, and to be surrounded by these magical plants is a fantastic feeling. They have an aura about them!

Ace - the CPM has closer to trippled in size :) Given how well regular cp grow over here, I guess it's not all that surprising though, I think it just took time to recover from the persecution from it's previous owner :)

nice collecion ! Thanks for posting

Thanks for the eye candy bit!

Very inspiring, be interesting to see what my collection looks like this time next year :)

They have an aura about them!

They certainly do bit my friend.

:)

Yes I do spend a lot of time on the balcony - there's a great view, and to be surrounded by these magical plants is a fantastic feeling. They have an aura about them!

I know exactly what you mean Bit, I love just going outside and sitting with my babies.

I figure that if project love to my plants and cacti then they will flourish and decades down the track if I wish, they can have the chance to love me back. :shroomer:

I've become very attached and I can see how you might with yours too... :lol: