The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torsten

Moderators, please read

In view of the recent increase in conflict threads I have temporarily set up this forum.

Moderators so far only had two options if a thread went bad. Leave the thread/post or delete it. Now they can move it to the new forum where they don't have to deal with it.

Threads that have good content can be saved by splitting the off-topic arguments off into a new thread and moving this here while leaving the on-topic discussion. Please ask me for help if you can't work out how to do it. Please note that it is easiest to split threads as soon as they degenerate. The longer you leave it the more difficult the splitting becomes. If a split thread does not continue it can always be re-merged at a later date.

Mods, feel free to practice on recent threads.

Let's see how this helps to improve things.

Note to all members: This is not an unmoderated flame pit. We still expect certain standards here, but at least there won't be so much interjection into the discussion. Trolls generally don't thrive in this sort of environment because they rely on onlookers for their attention. Given that Jerry Springer is one of the most popular shows on TV I think it is safe to assume there will be quite a few people popping in here. But then again, they are here at their own choice rather than being exposed to it while looking for on-topic content.

This forum is not just for split and moved threads, but also for new threads if you feel you need to post about personal gripes.