Sign in to follow this  
paradox

psytrance songs i made years ago

a few old and not so old tracks:

written 2003:

spaceshaman

another, made more recently. somewhat progressive psy:

half a dozen bongs

and another, written 2006 but a little unfinished, i havn't yet had the inspiration to take the song to the extent of it's natural progression:

untitled

this one is also a little unfinished as i feel the peak of the song just doesn't take it where it should!

also this one could be illegal to have on esnips, cause it has a current affair samples in it. if anyone knows can they let me know if i should scrap it from esnips? thanks:

written 2003:

trouble in paradise

Edited by paradox604

Sounds pretty good man, nice detailed use of appropriate samples. Thanks for sharing and keep em coming!

i've only just signed up to esnips, does anyone know anything about it!

it seems my mp3's have lost a substantial amount of audio quality! something could have gone wrong when i converted them to mp3's or something, i strongly doubt it though. i know mp3's are compressed files and a massive amount of their audio info gets dumped when files are converted to mp3 but it seems like esnips ruduces the quality, perhaps an anti piracy thing? anyone know?

That was awesome when the bass kicked in on SPACESHAMAN

Im gona have to listen to everysong i think

Nice stuff man!

half a dozen bongs

Broken Link

The link you clicked on is not complete.

If you clicked a link within an e-mail message, please verify that the link was not broken in the middle.

If it is broken, copy and paste the entire link into your browser.

You will be redirected to the eSnips home in a few seconds...

eDIT: I got a bad link page for everysong but the first...

post-2017-1174450513_thumb.jpg

Edited by tepa

seems to work for me ok, dunno whats goin on!

:huh:

i've only just signed up to esnips, does anyone know anything about it!

it seems my mp3's have lost a substantial amount of audio quality! something could have gone wrong when i converted them to mp3's or something, i strongly doubt it though. i know mp3's are compressed files and a massive amount of their audio info gets dumped when files are converted to mp3 but it seems like esnips ruduces the quality, perhaps an anti piracy thing? anyone know?

Hi paradox,

Most audio hosting sites recompress the tracks you upload, so even if you upload a 128kbps mp3, they'll compress it again. Also, you should realize that no matter how good the compression you use on an mp3, you will lose quality, and the lower your bitrate the more noticeable this will be. I have noticed when I compress tracks that sometimes a better mix results in better results... work on balancing yor frequencies etc.

Okay, I have just checked out the first track, SpaceShaman... were you aware it was sampled at 40kbps? If so, it is not surprising it sounds crap, this is an extremely poor sampling rate for mp3. A good starting point for mp3 would be 128kbps, but even at this rate there will be a noticeable loss of quality. For personal listening, I find 192 to be a good compromise between sound quality and size. Most free sites won't let you upload anything over 128kbps unless you pay though.

If you do upload to a site, and you're wondering if they are recompressing your tracks, you can simply download the track from their site, then do an A/B comparison with your original mp3. Apparently, there are some sites that will allow you to upload your tracks as wav files, then they compress those... this is the ideal option for these kinds of places, as it means your music only suffers one set of data loss, instead of two.

Will esnips only allow you to stream mp3 formatted music, or can you choose other formats? If you can, perhaps you would like to try experimenting with wma and m4a codecs. There are some good reasons for sticking with mp3, but if you do use it, make sure you use AT LEAST 128kbps, but preferably higher. Something else you might want to try is VBR (Variable Bit Rate) which allows you to set a minimum and maximum bitrate, and then adjusts according to the complexity of each individual track.

Only the first link works for me too, and when I clicked on your profile at esnips, there is only one track showing up in your shared folder... maybe the reason you are seeing them is because its your account... if the files are there, perhaps they are "hidden" from everyone but the account holder... is there an option to make files public or something?

thanks illegalbrain i think that was it! they should be working now, sorry for that people, hope it's all good now

enjoy :lol:

thanks illegalbrain i think that was it! they should be working now, sorry for that people, hope it's all good now

enjoy :lol:

Okay, the links are working for me now... but did you catch my post re: bitrate? They are all still 40kbps.