The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
husk

a new church for all of us!!?

i never said you called me an idiot and dont see why you think thats what i was refering to unless you were infact making that insuation.

If not that, then where else is the perceived 'personal insult'?

And what the hell is insuation ?

If not that, then where else is the perceived 'personal insult'?

And what the hell is insuation ?

way to go osiris, thanks for fuckn up my first thread that was managing to get ppl to be constructive!

good work.

and yes u were insinuating that Amulte's choice to become a reverend is idiototic cos u likened it to choosing to become a certified idiot.

i will reset the direction of the topic and i would appreciate it if u chose to insult ppl in yr own 'private' way.

for example keeping to yr ***** self.

so yeah getting on with it i am not sure that i will necessarily create a church but perhaps more of a sanctuary emphasising the freedom of choice to conduct anything u wish as long as it does not hurt anyone else.

i don't want to overuse mushrooms or make them the sole purpose for bringing attention to our rights and the law of nature, i just belive that the certain states of mind i can experience through the use of them is helpful to me in many ways and that i should be allowed to incorporate this into my personal spiritual beliefs or just aid my quality of/outlook on life.

of course it may seem ridiculous that i should have to prove that some sort of divine grace allows me too justify such a trivial act in the week of a life or that it's spiritual use in a particular area of the world preceeded the current law to keep a society in working order.

so making a church seemed quite apt in working on the same level of ridiculousness!

i like the title, the Sanctuary for the Fruit of evolution.

if i do not go ahead with a 'religious' congregation as such i think i will use, Mushrooms for Man in more or a protest/parade sort of congregation.

i will let u know how it eventuates. will not be happening until i return from south america though.

x peace ppls!

Edited by husk

husk [and others], just ignore Green Osiris. At this rate he won't be here much longer.

sorry it took me a while to find the mess he is creating here. Next time someone please PM me!!!

Well, I hate to say it because it sounds like he's being a dick, but GreenOsiris had a point beneath all the venom... I'm all for starting your own religion and everything, but will such a thing ever be taken seriously? Will the adherents themselves?

Amulte, no insult to you, sounds like GO has a personal problem, but there's some truth to what he's saying regarding credentials, isn't it sort of like people getting a degree off the internet? I know this is really just one aspect of what this thread is about, but it sort of fits in with the biggest problem I see with such a venture, which is credibility... it will be difficult if not impossible to be interpreted as anything other than a flimsy cover for taking psychedelics.

What do others think?

Chilli - as i have previously the title is meaningless and i dont use it, at the time i decided it may come in handy if i did end up attempting to bring a religion here. yes its exactly like getting a degree off the net, lol i never said this before lol. its not like attended semonary school.

and yes in the public eye it would most certainly be considered an excuse to use psychedelics and that would take time to change, but it doesnt mean its not a possibility. the human brain spent millions of years building these receptor sites, all over the world cultures use them in ritualist practices, then in the course of less than 200 years the human race is told "no, your not alloud to use those parts of the brain".

i think if people got into it, do the door knocking routine, dont supply just advocate the use of psychedelics and spread the truth about them. yes it would be a massive gargantuan legal headache but if a few were to truely believe in this and speard the word, it would eventually be accepted, sure it would probably take atleast 20-30 years or so but that doesnt mean its not possible.

but im not that motivated so ill keep to my hermit shaman/occult practices in private and keep reading Tim Learys "make your own religion" LOL

Edited by Amulte

but im not that motivated so ill keep to my hermit shaman/occult practices in private

So you're actually a shaman, Amute ? Self-appointed illusion, or widely recognised by your peers and community as such?

PS: Go on Torsten, explain how this (present) post is derogatory. No doubt you'll add your own (albeit weak) engineered spin as always.

lots of bitterness being thrown around ... :unsure::(

I applaud your motivation to be a shaman Amulte, I myself would like to one day be a herbal healer

lots of bitterness being thrown around ... :unsure::(

I applaud your motivation to be a shaman Amulte, I myself would like to one day be a herbal healer

one day i would like to be a pacific islander... they r so tough!

that sooooo went over the top of my head shroomytoons :scratchhead: when you become pacific islander, Il understand what that comment ment :P

Edited by tepa

LOL, so if i were to practice piano you think i would call my self a pianist? the essential word here is practice

EDIT - ive since realised that for some people this statement will need further explaination, practicing somthing doesnt make you that somthing eg i said i practice shamanism, hence why i never called myself a shaman nor do i think of myself as such LOL

Edited by Amulte

So you're actually a shaman, Amute ? Self-appointed illusion, or widely recognised by your peers and community as such?

PS: Go on Torsten, explain how this (present) post is derogatory. No doubt you'll add your own (albeit weak) engineered spin as always.

i think your a shaman amulte.would u believe there is a guy around my area who actually advertises his doctorate in divinity quite frequently, but he is not a shaman, he is just a knob

Edited by shroomytoonos

Chilli - as i have previously the title is meaningless and i dont use it, at the time i decided it may come in handy if i did end up attempting to bring a religion here. yes its exactly like getting a degree off the net, lol i never said this before lol. its not like attended semonary school.

and yes in the public eye it would most certainly be considered an excuse to use psychedelics and that would take time to change, but it doesnt mean its not a possibility. the human brain spent millions of years building these receptor sites, all over the world cultures use them in ritualist practices, then in the course of less than 200 years the human race is told "no, your not alloud to use those parts of the brain".

i think if people got into it, do the door knocking routine, dont supply just advocate the use of psychedelics and spread the truth about them. yes it would be a massive gargantuan legal headache but if a few were to truely believe in this and speard the word, it would eventually be accepted, sure it would probably take atleast 20-30 years or so but that doesnt mean its not possible.

but im not that motivated so ill keep to my hermit shaman/occult practices in private and keep reading Tim Learys "make your own religion" LOL

Hey Amulte, I know you don't take it too seriously, I was just using it as a springboard for the question of credibility, which I'm glad you picked up on.

I agree that its an absurd situation when people are criminalized for consuming certain plants, and hopefully over the years change will take place, but what do others think about the reaction in the short term? It seems like with psychedelics, all publicity is bad publicity. The numbers would really have to be on our side, and at the moment it just isn't so...

I think the first step is to debunk the official propaganda about how harmful psychedelics are, and educate people as to the realities. Without a vast portion of the population supporting such a change, any activism and legal battles are bound to end in disappointment IMO.

I think another problem is that many people who take psychedelics are basically seen as fruitcakes in one way or another, and usually with some support. Whether its talking about 'cosmical' ideas, dropping out of society, wearing outlandish clothing or just having an unwarranted sense of superiority, lots of trippers are just seen as outcasts and as a result are derided by the population at large. This undermines attempts by such people to change the societies take on psychedelics, even if they are doctors, lawyers and teachers.

no need for a church keep it on the downlow as it is now meet in secret tribes its more fun and unable to be monitpred and controlled secret little squirrels wether it is legal recognised or veiled in secrecy the rituals will continue regardless tho i do invite any fit young nubile women to join my small church of yowies psychedelic fundamental edenism :) more like a rainbow plant fueled harem of delight see you all on today tonight ;)

im down with that yowie :wink:

i have accepted yowie's above thoughts as the best method, but thought i'd post this as a matter of interest, see if anyone can perhaps shed any light...

Fane of the Psilocybe Mushroom Association

P.O. Box 8179

Victoria, B.C.

V8W 3R8 CANADA

Notes: officially-registered religious organization; publishes

Sporeprint newsletter

Last Contacted: Apr 94

from; http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/activist/actlist.htm

x peace ppls enjoy the winter!