The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tonic

Anyone know what these could be?

Question

Will get some pics of the actual mushroom soon, but here is some prints to get you started:

print1.gif

print2.gif

The new mushrooms popping up out of the media look quite like subs, but the seem to look different to me when they mature a bit.

They don't stain blue.

Any guesses?

11 answers to this question

Will get some pics of the actual mushroom soon, but here is some prints to get you started:

print1.gif

print2.gif

The new mushrooms popping up out of the media look quite like subs, but the seem to look different to me when they mature a bit.

They don't stain blue.

Any guesses?

looks exactly like a sub print

looks exactly like a sub print

I was thinking the same thing, but want to find out some more information about it, because I found loads of subs a few years back, but they looked a little bit different in maturity and stained a distinctive blue upon bruising.

could be any stropharia really.. what colour cap and stem?

could be any stropharia really.. what colour cap and stem?

Cap was tan, turning to a more chocolate brown with age.

Stem was white to off white turning to tan.

Also gills were tan, quite light in colour.

Print is 2.9 cm in diameter.

Am pretty sure they weren't subs now as the timing was all wrong and they have all died off, was still quite warm when they came up after all that rain we had. I saw so many mushrooms in that period, now I am not seeing many at all.

Will still try and post some pics soon but not sure where the pics I took are now.

Edited by tonic

Here is a dodgy pic, late I know but better late and dodgy than not at all :lol:

post-3332-1176028309_thumb.jpg

Edited by tonic

yeah print and pic look liek subs. BUT as i say im nosolid mycology expert

Strange - the photo doesnt clearly show them and its a bit tough to identify them as subs or not - their caps arent at all wavy, they almost look like cubensis...?

I would be careful with those specimens, get better pics for a better ID before you eat any.

Edited by Hyphalknot

Looks like those are in transplanted media. Strange thing is that sometimes subs don't bruise blue, see: HERE Although, there was blue streaking on the pins.

The pins deff look like subs, even mature specimens look right to me. Even though they don't all blue, they still seem to be active. Depends on how confident u r really.

Thanks guys. Yeah it's a bit of a strange one. Can't get any more pics as they have died off. These guys came up in a pot with a Cereus peruvianus 'monstrose' in it and was just wondering what they may be as they looked interesting. Have no idea where they may have come from. I managed to grow them for a month or so in another pot, but then they died. I emptied the pot into the garden and it looked like there was still some mycelium growing in there so they may come up in the garden?

I have some prints if anyone wants to do some research. Really not sure what these mysterious little guys are.

Wasn't planning on eating them. Could be risky anyway as they look like a look-a-like species to me, but am not very versed on mycology as such. Was just keen to know what they might be.

Thanks again.

Edited by tonic

Looks like those are in transplanted media. Strange thing is that sometimes subs don't bruise blue, see: HERE Although, there was blue streaking on the pins.

The pins deff look like subs, even mature specimens look right to me. Even though they don't all blue, they still seem to be active. Depends on how confident u r really.

It's all a bit confusing naja naja :lol: