The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
limpet

Huichol Art - Canberra OBDM

Hello,

For those of you close to canberra........just letting you all know that we will be hosting a stall of Huichol Art in the Old Bus Depot Markets this weekend, Sunday 4th March 2007. We will be selling a variety of Mexican handicrafts the majority of which are huichol yarn prints, bead animal & masks, gourd bowls, jewellery, bags, yarn masks etc. Markets are open from 10am-4pm and for directions on how to get there please visit: http://www.obdm.com.au/how.html

We posted about our huichol art a while ago (you may remember) when we were in mexico but have been offline since as we settle into our new home in the snowy mountains.

Please say hello if you do come along and let us know you are from this forum.I have attached 2 images of selected items we will have with us on Sunday. Many Thanks!

post-1484-1172699939_thumb.jpg

post-1484-1172700008_thumb.jpg

Hello,

For those of you close to canberra........just letting you all know that we will be hosting a stall of Huichol Art in the Old Bus Depot Markets this weekend, Sunday 4th March 2007. We will be selling a variety of Mexican handicrafts the majority of which are huichol yarn prints, bead animal & masks, gourd bowls, jewellery, bags, yarn masks etc. Markets are open from 10am-4pm and for directions on how to get there please visit: http://www.obdm.com.au/how.html

We posted about our huichol art a while ago (you may remember) when we were in mexico but have been offline since as we settle into our new home in the snowy mountains.

Please say hello if you do come along and let us know you are from this forum.I have attached 2 images of selected items we will have with us on Sunday. Many Thanks!

looks like really nice stuff, I won't be attending, but what sort of prices do you have on this stuff?

Sounds great limpet! I will try my best to attend :) As shroomy asked - any ideas on price? I would probably be there more for a brouse, but if something tickles my pickle, I might have to make a purchase :P Would you be interested in trades on the day?

Thanks for bringing something exciting to our little city!

Sounds great limpet! I will try my best to attend :) As shroomy asked - any ideas on price? I would probably be there more for a brouse, but if something tickles my pickle, I might have to make a purchase :P Would you be interested in trades on the day?

Thanks for bringing something exciting to our little city!

Prices vary from $30 - $250 (I think! I should be able to remember but I can't as we only did all the pricing recently and h ave only done 2 markets since in Syd). Some things I can remember is a small beaded mask was $45, I think beaded deers were approx $100. But please come and browse and def let us know you are from the forum. We have some larger yarn prints. I think they are 75x75cm, absolutely beautiful. We don't bring these to the markets but hopefully we will have some pictures of them for people to see very soon.

Would def be interested in talking some trading too. Now that we have moved we would like to get an entho garden going. At the moment we only have edible & gourmet shrooms.

Cheers!

Wow, thats some perdy stuff you have there !

Incredible colours !

Might have to drop by for a look see :)

are you guys going to be doing anymore markets in sydney or on the central coast. They look like some great pieces of art, but unfortunately canberra is too far away.

Edited by The Tinkerer

limpet i have pm'd u.

x peace

are you guys going to be doing anymore markets in sydney or on the central coast. They look like some great pieces of art, but unfortunately canberra is too far away.

Yes definately more markets in Sydney and possibly some on the central and south coasts (bermagui/pambula etc). Will post here to let you all know. We unfortunately didn't think to do this last time we are in sydney (we were at glebe markets). Hopefully we will be back at Glebe within a month or so or possibly paddington as well.

We also hope to get all the pieces in an online store asap but we are limited as we don't have our own internet connection yet. Satellite internet has taken ages to organize and just today we have been told we may be waiting another 28 days until our sat is installed!

Cheers!

hey limpet did u get my message, it isn't showing in my outbox... will try again, sorry if u get 2 of them :innocent_n:

x peace

Yes definately more markets in Sydney and possibly some on the central and south coasts (bermagui/pambula etc). Will post here to let you all know. We unfortunately didn't think to do this last time we are in sydney (we were at glebe markets). Hopefully we will be back at Glebe within a month or so or possibly paddington as well.

We also hope to get all the pieces in an online store asap but we are limited as we don't have our own internet connection yet. Satellite internet has taken ages to organize and just today we have been told we may be waiting another 28 days until our sat is installed!

Cheers!

Hi Limpet, glad your coming back to glebe as i only live around the corner. Like you mentioned, if only i'd heard about this last time! :) Anyways make sure to put a post up or pm me next time your going to be at glebe markets, or anywhere in the city in that case and i'll definately be there, i'll rally a few interested people together too. Hope you have a great time in canberra tomorrow.

Peace

Gotta say - Limpet is a true champ - saw the stall today - beautiful works there, just wish I had some dosh to adopt some of em!

Thanks for bringing some interest to our little town :)

Hope others are lucky enough to have a yarn to limpet in person - he's quite a talker and certainly knows his stuff - serious champ :lol:

Thanks for a chat man!

Ace

Thanks for a chat man!

Ace

Thanks for popping by Ace. It was great to meet you!

BTW there was someone else who came at the end of the day on behalf of his brother (who either lived in sydney or further away). He wanted to buy the medium yarn print with the deer in the centre and 4 peyote surrounding. If this is you can you PM me?

Also, anyone else who would like to download a comprehensive list of items we have while we get our online store going please pm also.