The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
KlUe

Shrooms - ego death and comedown

Hi all,

On the weekend FOAF had a rather unfortunate ego death apon comedown and a very restless mood while trying to sleep after returning to reality.

Just wanted to find out if anyone has any methods to relax during this time with any herbs etc. I've heard some teas may help relax but if anyone could suggest anything that would be great for future reference.

Peace,

KlUe

'I cant believe its not Opium!'

Cheers for that, FOAF might give it a go ;-)

Vit-B's + Tryptophan :)

Benzos work nice too

On the weekend FOAF had a rather unfortunate ego death apon comedown and a very restless mood while trying to sleep after returning to reality.

I've always been unsure of what people specifically mean when they refer to ego death or ego destruction etc.

What is the experience you refer to? What's going on in your thoughts and brain?

I've always been unsure of what people specifically mean when they refer to ego death or ego destruction etc.

What is the experience you refer to? What's going on in your thoughts and brain?

Fear was the main thing (I'm not speaking on behalf of others, except FOAF).

Total loss of reality and in some points doses of intense paranoia. Fortunately FOAF has had similar but not as intense feelings before and did "contain", in a very small way.

Cannot feel your body or your mind - nor the environment around you. Everything is nothing - to a point where FOAF almost felt like a ghost.

double post

Edited by KlUe

sleep is always the best option.

it might sound brash but a few panadene forte or furinol will knock you out for the night.

sometimes there's nothing else you can do.

:worship: ~~~~gooood vibes ~~~~

x peace man

sounds like your foaf was seriously detached kluey. sorry it was a negative experience, first time detached? were they alone? i do know it is possible to have a positive version of this and maybe it will come with time. it is much easier going through this experience with someone else in the same head space so you can bounce back and forth what is going through your head. or what is going through the conciousness out side your head :wink:

edit: made a boo boo.

MORG, IME ego detachment really struggles to be described with language but if i was to try: its an objective view of yourself, your surroundings etc the dissolving of your personality, it can be a scary experience for some as its so bloody foriegn but alot can be learnt in that space, when its positive of course. as kluey says everything is nothing and equally nothing is everything, beliefs gone, morals gone, emotion gone. you question yourself with the same amount of bewilderment you would if you came across an extraterrestrial on the footpath. ive tried so many times to describe this and failed miserably every time. now is no exception, but the experience tells all.

hope next times a dooooozy!

endo

Edited by endogenous

The death of the ego leading to the dissolution of the self into the one (which happens to be everything).

sounds like your foaf was seriously detached kluey. sorry it was a negative experience, first time detached? were they alone? i do know it is possible to have a positive version of this and maybe it will come with time. it is much easier going through this experience with someone else in the same head space so you can bounce back and forth what is going through your head. or what is going through the conciousness out side your head :wink:

i dont have herbal remedy's for your foaf especially not knowing what created that reality (not that im asking you to disclose that).

MORG, IME ego detachment really struggles to be described with language but if i was to try: its an objective view of yourself, your surroundings etc the dissolving of your personality, it can be a scary experience for some as its so bloody foriegn but alot can be learnt in that space, when its positive of course. as kluey says everything is nothing and equally nothing is everything, beliefs gone, morals gone, emotion gone. you question yourself with the same amount of bewilderment you would if you came across an extraterrestrial on the footpath. ive tried so many times to describe this and failed miserably every time. now is no exception, but the experience tells all.

hope next times a dooooozy!

endo

Hey mate, first time with such negative stuff. Wasn't alone, actually with another guy who did the exact same thing (weird eh..). It did make it much easier with another person there.

And its so true - WAY too hard to describe!!

Peace

KlUe

You guys have cleared it up somewhat for me then.

I thought it might have been something I had experienced but thought it was no biggie. I was wrong. :)

Hope you're back on your feet soon then KlUe.