The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mindmelt

Growing KRATOM in VIC

Has anyone had any succes growing KRATOM in Victoria.Im assuming a greenhouse is a pre-requisite ?..Any feedback or thoughts on this subjuect would be much appreciated.Thankyou.

:huh: Edited by Rev

Im assuming that in its native THAILAND Kratom is evergreen,so wouldnt it be possible ,if conditions were perfect,to mimic those conditions in VIC???....Do plants grown in northern NSW and Queensland shed in lower temps?......Also Id like to hear anyones first hand accounts of the potency of their own Vic grown Kratoms?.....Torsten,is there or do you know of any successfull Kratom grafting.Thinking Grannies extra special mind-fucking lemon-butter that has the local bowling club ladies on their lumpy arses....heheheeh.

:huh: Edited by Rev

Originally posted by mindmelt:

Im assuming that in its native THAILAND Kratom is evergreen

unless it gets too dry. many tropicals don't deciduate on temp, but on lack of water.

so wouldnt it be possible ,if conditions were perfect,to mimic those conditions in VIC???

yes.

....Do plants grown in northern NSW and Queensland shed in lower temps?

Northen NSW is borderline. Some yars they shed, some they don't. It's a combination of both how cold it gets (abslute minimums) and how long the cold phases are (single days are tolerated better than extended periods).

......Also Id like to hear anyones first hand accounts of the potency of their own Vic grown Kratoms?

I'd expect it to be weak in Vic. Seems the plant produces huge amounts of alkaloids as a defense to cold if it is grown in a normally warm climate. However, if grown in cold climate it seems to not bother.

Torsten,is there or do you know of any successfull Kratom grafting.

No, but it should be easy and is definitely on my list of things to practice (just in case a new strain is imported at some stage).UOTE]

I wonder how it would do in hydro,NFT.Probably not worth the hassle.Pitty I had my heart set on growing it.

Kratom would do well in hydro. It likes wet feet and is a gross feeder. It also wouldn't take up any valuable space in an otherwise dedicated set up. As a rainforest plant it prefers low light conditions, but as an emergent rainforest tree it is also capable of tolerating high light intensity. So it could easily be grown around the far edges of the hydro set up where 'other' plants will not do well.