The Corroboree
sobriquet

Trash section?

Hi admins / mods,

How does the idea of creating a special 'TRASH' subforum at the bottom of the forum list to which all crappy and rubbished threads can be moved to?

I have seen this on other forums and it works well as a moderation tool. Any threads that are completely off topic, degenerate into crap, or are crap in the first place could simply be moved into the TRASH section. Anyone who wants to continue posting to that thread is free to do so without cluttering the main forum sections and constantly being pushed up to the top of the forum by the additional posts.

I hope you like and can use this idea.

Cheers.

i dont really like it... say for instance that I start a thread, which I am serious and curious about, then it gets put into trash, that would annoy me. If threads are crap, there is the option not to read/participate in them, and generally a thread will run its course and die. Not sure if it is needed. By the way, check out my new thread,"laces or no laces, which work boot is best?", its in the cacti and succulent section.

Edited by shroomytoonos

I don't like it either. we don't allow flame wars etc to persist here, and these are a major reason for trash forums in other communities. all other threads have some purpose. except maybe the ones bluemeanie posts early on sunday morning :P

The chill space does end up with a lot of trash, but hey, show me a chill space where not a large percentage of the conversation is rather pointless and trashy :wink:

except maybe the ones bluemeanie posts early on sunday morning :P

LMFAO :rolleyes:

I posted this really to remove the need to censor in aggresive ways. The deleting and modification of posts can be very arbitrary.

At least if something is moved into the trash intact there is transparency evident. The post can be reviewed by those interested, and historical accuracy can be maintained. I abhor all forms of external censorhip, but the moving of threads into a trash section at least has the advantage of maintaining the integrity of the post and allows future review if necessary. The movement into the trash expresses the view of the moderating / admin team and gives them a way of showing their opinions on the value of threads or posts with reference to the 'rules' without running rough shod over the rights of people to free speech.

Transparency, not furtive delete key type middle-of-the-night-under-cover-of-darkness wanker censorship.

OK, so if we made a trash forum, should we call it 'Trash' or should we call it the 'Green Osiris & Sobriquet casualty ward'?

For some reason the threads which are the most appropriate for removal to trash always feature you two rather heavily.

Sounds to me like a personal attack there.

Mods, please remove this Torsten fellow from the forums. :blink:

Oops, my mistake, we can't defy the Grand Poo-Bah of this nerdy little in-crowd.

should we call it 'Trash' or should we call it the 'Green Osiris & Sobriquet casualty ward'? ...

Now thats funny... :P

Sounds to me like a personal attack there.

oh no, please don't misunderstand. I was in no way suggesting you and sobriquet are trashy :P .

As for you causing casualties, I think that's a pretty obvious observation.

Mods, please remove this Torsten fellow from the forums. :blink:

Hang on, I get a warning first!

we can't defy the Grand Poo-Bah of this nerdy little in-crowd.

"nerdy little in-crowd? you seem to have a low opinion of the people on this forum.

OK, so if we made a trash forum...

Well to consider is all that was asked. As I see it there's the present situation where moderators act to bowdlerise threads and their sections, and then the situation where clearly degenerated threads are just moved as is into a trash section. Simple. Anyone who wants to continue posting in the thread is free to do so without being in sight of the remainder of the forum.

It actually makes alot of sense but one can only lead a horse to water as they say...

would not work, most every thread would end up there as some people seam to want to speard this virus into other unrelated thread.

also it would encourage that type of behaviour. sure it can be great for a laugh but we never had this problem till about july of last year. so as you have free will i sugest you exercise it. if you dont like it here.....

hehe if ANYTHING we should add a Troll section LOL

make ya feel right at home

ADDITION - dont get me wrong, you do have SOME good, informative and valid posts Sob.

Edited by Amulte

ADDITION - dont get me wrong, you do have SOME good, informative and valid posts Sob.

Yeah funny that.

One doesn't get 841 posts on a forum without a bit of dedication and some good, informative and valid posts now I would think.

And here's my addition, don't all gang up on me with groupthink because I am criticising the censorship occuring. That shouldn't automatically make me an enemy of the forum as you would seem to wish given that you have detected "this problem" (whatever that is) since about July last year which seems to co-incide with when I joined up.

Remember that the person who left the forum, wandjina was also against the censorship. So please consider that before you brand me as a troll.

This post and thread was posted as a proposed SOLUTION to problems which have been popping up from time to time (the mexicali mayhem, and onemind debates for example).

Anyhow I'm going to go and repot these beautiful Giant Black Bamboo plants I picked up cheaply today :)

no one is 'ganging' up on you.

also, as you well know, this did not all start over censorship. the censorship only popped up days after this shit started.

and i got NFI when you joined nor do i care, that is about when stuff started. sorry, but the world doesnt revolve around you.

you backed yourself into a corner and started with all this censorship stuff to change the subject and try to get some support by pulling out the old anti authoritarian card. lol its not working.

credit where credits due you do have SOME good posts (emphasis on SOME), but about 200-300 (if not more) of them have been with this shit. you left behind a brilliant paper trail and with your anti-censoring it will stand as pure image of your character. you can make us out to be the bad peoples if you like, but the majority of good people here knows otherwise.

so please, by all means make yourself look silly and dig yourself a hole.

finding a solution to a problem is being part of the solution, not part of the problem. you are being part of the problem, not with this thread, but with the simple fact you wont let sleeping dogs lie. obviously by continuing your method of discussion you are making yourself a onemind.

and NO ONE automatically made you an enemy of the forum, you seam to be claiming that title all on your own. especially with the degreding comments you so freely make about women. yes there is a grapevine in this community between the close and dedicated members.

Edited by Amulte

yes there is a grapevine in this community between the close and dedicated members.

As I posted in the other thread, all this will pass and I'll repeat here, that my dedication to ethnobotany goes beyond any one forum issue or bunfight.

grapevine.jpg

:)

If there was a Trash section in this forum ... would this thread be moved there? :blink:

How about we just be nice and helpful with what we say?

And just because we Can say absolutely anything on the net, doesn't mean we have to, does it? :BANGHEAD2:

Peace.

Its simple. RESPECT.

Joining this community is just like entering a private shop or room per say. There is a sign on the door that tells you how ur are expected to act when you enter here.. Its simple, follow the rules, respect people enough to no deviate to far from the general rules. If you cant or dont want to abide by the forums rules, simple, fuck off and blow your horn elsewhere. As you(the complied dickheads/sexists/whatevers) all say... its not the only forum around....well good, fuck off to that other forum you so wholehartedly enjoy. Just dont bring any racial or sexist crap here.

HOW hard it this to understand?? Yes you will be censored here in a way, if you cant keep your shit fights nice. Geez, at least me and jono agreed to a naked mud fight!! :lol:

I don't have a problem with a trash section. I don't think we need it like most other forums do, but it does seem to work fine on most forums. And Torsten and Amulte, I don't see how the comments you guys have made in this thread have actually helped :rolleyes:

I don't like the idea of banning members or locking threads, but if you think something needs to be done, surely a trash forum is a better alternative. I have seen people be arseholes to each other, but it's nothing compared to what goes on on a lot of other forums. If you fear its escalation, then just keep an eye on it. I don't think I've really seen, as of yet, anything worth censoring or anyone worth banning.

I don't really believe in the old 'it takes two to tango', but most of the arguments I've seen here only continue because both parties refuse to let it be.

Oh well, I should probably stay out of this one, but it has been getting a bit edgy in here as of late, and I think anything that works could be worth a shot.

And Torsten and Amulte, I don't see how the comments you guys have made in this thread have actually helped :rolleyes:

Only this thread ?

who said i was trying to help, see i love this shit dude LOL. funny thing was this was almost a dead thread so up walks balzac with a jerri can of ether to toss in the fire.

Balzac, I don't see how the comments you have made in this thread have actually helped. seriously....

GO - follow ~username's lead.

Edited by Amulte

hehe, yeah, point taken. Like I said, I shouldn't get involved...but I was bored. Oh well, that's it for me. Cya.

GO - follow ~username's lead.

Unsure exactly what that lead is - you clearly have the inability to read between his lines of late.

Anyway, to blindly follow another might be pleasing to some folks' comfort zone, it ain't mine.

:shroomer: Edited by jono

any possibility of erasing that post? not one of my brighter moments.

erased as per requested.

Edited by evolutionNth