The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
coin

Lilydale Herb Farm, Vic

Took a hike down there the other day...some friends of a friend studying massage did a herbal oil preparation day there a while ago, but I didn't get the chance to go along...thought I'd have a look while I had some spare time.

Lilydale Herb Farm

If you're in Victoria and it's less than an hour drive, might be interesting to go down there and check it out...they have a restaurant there, so maybe go during lunch time (the nursery is open until 5pm). Or maybe you could go late then hang around for dinner. Please check the website but give them a call as well -- I don't think the info/opening hours on the site are up to date. Phone number's on the website.

They certainly have a lot of herbs you wouldn't find at your average nursery. I'd been looking for Amla trees for ages (Phyllanthus emblica) but had turned up nothing aside from a wholesale nursery..so was quite surprised to find that. Looked like it had been trapped in a tiny pot for ages, so I had to rescue it. There was one other there, and when I got home I realised I should have rescued that as well. Too bad it's such a long, windy drive to get there ;-(

It's a humble little place really. Some interesting plants in the collection too ;-)

I'm still not great with my digital camera some days, sorry about the blurry pics. Also, I don't know if they have a stock list -- you can't really read the labels from my pics. I only took a few cos I didn't want to seem too intrusive, though the lady there said it was okay -- I just had limited time. Sorry you have to scroll the pics in the window -- you can right click the thumbnails to open them in a new window at full size.

There are more dried herbs and plants in the nursery than are shown. I don't feel like adding captions to the pics ;)

Lilydale Herb Farm Pics

Edited by coin