The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sobriquet

Calea zacatechichi inflorescences.

Just wondering whether anyone had actualy tried using the flowers of this plant in a tea or smoke?

Perhaps they contain more of the active substances whatever they are?

Anyone with experience of them at all?

for sure! I always use the flowers when theyre around. Im not sure if theyre any more active or not but as a smoke they are VERY tasty! :)

I am doing some work on comparing extracts of plain leaf vs extracts of leaf + flowers (both from the same clone).

Will post here with results.

Calea experimentation is tricky because you want to ensure nothing else is interfering with your dreams.

I would have thought that comparing the initial effects would be the way to go. A good sized 'joint' of calea gives me a definate stoning effect, kinda trippy and spacey. I would think that this would be easier to judge rather than its effects on dreams.

I personally really enjoy the effects of calea and IMO the dreams are just a nice bonus. :)

I would have thought that comparing the initial effects would be the way to go.

If it were positively established that the strength of those effects were directly proportional to the strength of the oneirogenic effect then that could be a viable screening method... you could even make it somewhat quantitative, like using a gizmo to see how many decibels of sound are needed to drown out the sound of your heart beating :lol:

But I've never heard of any significant peer reviewed proof that those two sets of effects are directly proportional. If, for example, the stoning effect and dream effect are from separate compounds and one was partially decomposed in processing it could dramatically skew the results.

Those relationships would be an interesting thing to research

personally i cant smoke it!! I recieved some a few weeks ago and its sooo bitter the smoke, no one else finds it bitter? the dreams and effects are fabulous though. I enjoy it when I work up the courage to partake it lol

Edited by tepa