The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tripitaka

legal to grow 1 plant in NSW ?

Have recently heard from a friend that as of the start of this year it is now legal to grow one cannibas per house per adult within NSW. Have not heard of this and wondering whether there is any validity behind the comment?

Wouldn't it be wonderful!, are clones considered one plant?

Guest electro

I think so, but am not quite sure....

Although it isnt 100% legal (ie it will be confiscated and will count as one of your warnings in the 3 strike system introduced not long ago).

I Think .... i'd read up on it futher, but i am pretty sure that this is the case.

(in adelaide the limit before it is counted as more than "personal" is 10 or so, less in budding season though)

im pretty sure the limit in SA is 3 now, but of course its at the discretion of the police. if youve got baggies and sensitive electronic scales lying about you can wind up in trouble for any plants. theyre looking at revising the limit to one plant and also banning all hydro although this hasnt happened yet. i dont know about NSW laws, but in adelaide growing and smoking pot for 'personal use' is not legal, only decriminalised. important distinction, youll still have plants, buds, pipes, lights and other grow equipment confiscated, and have to pay a fine, but you wont get a criminal conviction.

IT's still illegal to grow cannabis in NSW even one plant, but often the police turn blind eye for couple of plants for personal use, depending on their mood on that day, stitutation, but the the police received complants from the public, they will have to bust you even you only growing one plant, its all about protecting their "image" anyway.

The police nowdays just can't be bothered to do all the bullshit paperwork for personal use (like couple of plants, and didnt cause any problems to the public, just being your average goody goody citizen). But it's ILLEGAL to grow in NSW anyway, and almost all states in Australia.

Yes, one clone is still one "plant" under the law's eyes, but the clone can be grown as high you want to be.

For more information, see www.ozstoners.com

Cheers, Urbanhog biggrin.gif

You lucky buggers, 4.6% of my country is currently in jail and a third of them are there for innocent pot offences (I guess thats about 4,000,000 people.)

But how, I ask you, is it possible that S. divinorum is illegal in your country but they are becoming lenient about pot with all its international media propoganda as being "the devils weed", the downfall of modern society, corruptor of the young, and starting point of heroin addiction?

Guest electro

because the parents of the rich kids here are fed up with their "perfect little angels" getting criminal records for weed.

Besides, (for a change i actually approve of this move) the govt is winning over support from ppl opposed to "the devils weed" by letting the public know just how much money & time is being saved by avoiding all the paperwork of a "pot bust"[and supposedly redirected into protecting from gang rapes etc])

As for S.d, my guess is either one of two:

1) it's title of hallucenogen scares ppl, which automaticly means it should be squashed to "protect the people from that which they do not understand" OR

2) some govt agency has done a study on it, found that it can make some pharmaceutical from it - wants full ctrl of the substance, so ban it.

Originally posted by Auxin:

You lucky buggers, 4.6% of my country is currently in jail and a third of them are there for innocent pot offences (I guess thats about 4,000,000 people.)

But how, I ask you, is it possible that S. divinorum is illegal in your country but they are becoming lenient about pot with all its international media propoganda as being "the devils weed", the downfall of modern society, corruptor of the young, and starting point of heroin addiction?

"it's title of hallucenogen scares ppl"

So thats why pot is SO illegal over here, we have it listed as a hallucinogen in the law books for some reason (apparently when a non-pot smoker consumes a massive amount it can act as a hallucinogen. But what non-user would consume $500 worth his first time out?)

"parents of the rich kids here are fed up with their "perfect little angels" getting criminal records for weed."

Over here rich kids usually get busted for cocaine, your rich kids must be smarter than ours.

Guest electro

It's not for long though hopefully ...

i saw not long ago that nevada (i think it was nevada) was thinking (and aking steps toward) legalising and TAXING pot.

If you ask me it's a bloody smart move.

I think it should be done for all drugs, with tax profits put into psych services for those who apply for licences for x amts of x drug - ie

make sure ppl arent screwed up - if they are address the mental issue.

Moniter drug use, making early intervention/prevention of addiction more possible.

Lower the crime rate through the lack of drug crimes AND the treatment of psychological conditions that would have otherwise gone undetected

Originally posted by Auxin:

But what non-user would consume $500 worth his first time out?)

I've seen a couple of non-users eat modest amounts of cakes or cookies or whatever and receive a severe fright. It may not quite be "seeing things that aren't there" time, but certainly quite sufficient for them to think that they have lost their mind permanently.

Guest reville

When i used to eat it infrequently in baked goods - i found that 1 gram was psychedelic for me... i guess its a matter of susceptibility

Guest electro

Re "i found that 1 gram was psychedelic for me..."

jees...1 gram would knock me out for hours without a stimulant to counteract it.

"i guess its a matter of susceptibility" .....Nuff said

wink.gif

the most intense synaesthetic, true hallucinations I have ever had were on a special kind of hash oil many years ago. I got the dosage wrong and ate about 10x as much as I had intended.

There is a report in this 'experiment' somewhere on these forums I think.