The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mescalito

Hydro cacti

About 3 years ago I gave one of my mates a pup from Madre' which hasn't been circulated here AFAIK much except for a few members about 6 years ago (I think Thel got one??),anyway the pup was about 3" long when I gave it to him...and Andy your gunna love this :wink:

Here she is 3 years later:

post-300-1160828998_thumb.jpg

post-300-1160829328_thumb.jpg

post-300-1160829918_thumb.jpg

various_002.jpg

various_004.jpg

various_005.jpg

various_002.jpg

various_004.jpg

various_005.jpg

This setup is just a simple gravity feed into perlite and the bottle in the pic is a 1 litre container for perspective.

She stands about 8ft tall, the interesting thing is the etiolation where it gets full sun v where she fattens out at the top above the window...and man my reflection reminds me of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" for some reason ;-)

Edited by mescalito

That looks fucking amazing...

altho i wasnt aware growing cacti hydroponically was ever under question. ive been doing for a while now and then.

Yeah I've had succes starting pach pups off using hydro before no probs, but simply potted the plants and then put them outside.

Andy was asking in another thread recently about growing them hydro so I thought he'd be interested and I'm blown away at the growth rate of this specimen considering the environment it's in.

Note it wasn't grown under HID lighting either just fed standard 2-part hydro grow mix @ 1400ppm T.D.S.

I reckon I could grow masses of peyote on my unused flood and drain table outside in this climate and really accelerate growth rates.I haven't attempted to grow them from seed yet but now I'm seriously considering it.

Anyone spare some seed :wink:

Yeah nice on Mesc, sweet growth! particularly for disipated natural sunlight. do you know how much direct light does it get a day?

I guess it all comes down to how often he floods the system and for how long, or is that one of those ones that works on a toilet float-valve type arangment? .

can you find out those detauls for us please Mesc.. also what kind of nute he was using? or if he'll send me a cut.. LOL.. wink, wink, nudge, nudge..

Thanks for showing us bro..

I'll be seeing him again in the next feew weeks so I'll drill him on the process he's used but AFIK it's a plain old float valve arangement,the green box has the nute/water mix.

The photo was taken at about 3-4pm so the building shadow should give you an idea.

i've asked him to wait till she flowers but the original mother plant has 4 pups here at home...so in due course :wink:

and man my reflection reminds me of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" for some reason ;-)

LOL, when I first saw the reflection it looked like a woman wearing only a pink shirt exposing her shaven chacha.

:lol:

Take a second look.

LMFAO

:lol: ...actually mylar and blue-tac makes for an interesting setting under certain circumstances :shroomer: