The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mandragora

Brugmansia grafting

Guest mandragora

My friend asked me if I could do a big Brugmansia with a lot of different graftings on it. To say 5-6 on one plant. Has anyone tried this before and what would be the best as a rootstock?

At home we have an appletree with about 7 different varieties, so I amwondering if anyone has tried this yet with Brigmansia and if, how it was going and if not, any sugestions about what varieties and what rootstock?

Brugamsia friends are asked around the world. wink.gif

locally candida is the strongest rootstock. It also trunks well, but has lots of shoots on the trunk.

suaveolens is a better choice for most areas. it needs to be trained to trunk, but will also not shoot as much.

I,ve been planning to do this

also,so I bought a book called

"brugmansia and datura,angels trumpets

and thornapples".Havent found much about grafting in it yet but it is a great book with heaps of colour pictures.Maybe I can work out why my b.sanguinea wont flower anymore.Also has a table of successful crosses between the varieties.If you like brugs and dats you,ll like this book.I got the only copy from the uni bookstore and they got it from "florilegium" in Sydney.

Guest mandragora

Okay thanks, I know your book and I like it too. Because I think Brugs are normal Solanaceae, I will give it a go with normal head grafitng with ceramic, where-ever I get this here, will see. I will wait until

my plant is 70 cm because thre starts the adult time for Brugs. My brugmasia I have choosen is, arborescense, I have no candida.

Brugmansia seeds or plants where are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the hail we had here made a god job, now my plant has a good shruby habit and I can make a lot of grafings, also in the lower area.

Okay I am on the task, to search for this ceramic sticks.... Come back soon

smile.gif

Guest reville

Take a run past the Uki pub an collect some from acroos the road.

also would someone frm perth be able to send mandragora some of the double whites from kings park please smile.gif Id love to see those crossed

mm double light peach candida

Guest Mesqualero
Originally posted by mandragora:

Okay thanks, I know your book and I like it too. Because I think Brugs are normal Solanaceae, I will give it a go with normal head grafitng with ceramic, where-ever I get this here, will see. Okay I am on the task, to search for this ceramic sticks.... Come back soon

smile.gif

Is a Head graft the same as a Cleft graft, or a Bud graft, or something I have never encountered before?

What is the ceramic stick for ??

[This message has been edited by Mesqualero (edited 26 September 2002).]

yeah, I've been wondering about that ceramic stick too. please tell us.

Guest mandragora

l

Edited by mandragora

Guest mandragora

l

Edited by mandragora