The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest electro

opium/morphine from poppy seeds ?

Guest electro

[This message has been edited by electro (edited 13 October 2002).]

Guest mandragora

I think some bakeries are now in big problems... no sorry only a joke.

The drug should be in every part of the plant, but I think you would need a whole load of seeds to be able to extract, probably not worth while it.

It is usually taken from the unripe fruit pods, the milky sap has the most in it.

But the leaves should make a nice smoke...

Have not tried this as it is illeagal blah blah blah.

I've heard of desperates eating big quantities of seeds, so it seems to do something for some people. A water extract (ie, tea) should do. A friend of a friend told me that the tea has a pleasant sweet taste, but not everyone likes it. I was also told that 500g of seed from the health-food store (apparently treated to prevent germination) didn't have any effect on someone's test monkey.

Guest reville

Poppy seed is freely available from bulk food suppliers. Its obviosly popular as a local supplier tells me theyre chewing through abot 2 50kg bags a week, and that this local 'boom' has them puzzled.

Must be something to it.

Anyone tried poppy seed rolled salmon steaks with a squeeze of sweet orange and a little butter at the last minute.bloody gorgeous

Guest electro

[This message has been edited by electro (edited 13 October 2002).]

I know of a large chimp that made a tea from a little over a kilo of poppyseed...

...and spent about four hours vomiting every fifteen minutes or so, lips blue, pupils pinned, simultaneously shivering and sweating and totally unable to focus his eyes.

He reckons there might just be something on/in them... wink.gif

I also heard a story from a friend down south that supermarkets there are no longer stocking bulk poppyseed...

So there must be something to it, but what? Residue?

Originally posted by A480:

So there must be something to it, but what? Residue?

These sort of questions about what to do with poppy seed/straw/pods come up so frequently that it is probably worth mentioning that there is a whole forum devoted to this sort of stuff. Go to www.poppies.org and take a gander in either the "poppy tea" or "chemistry - extracting" fora.

Now for a slightly off-topic question of my own. I am basically looking for an alcohol substitute, and could use some recommendations. It seems to me that almost all other CNS depressants which might substitute are fairly addictive. Opiates are the obvious one, but there are also barbiturates and major tranquillizers (eg, rhoofies). Some of the hypnotics might not be quite as bad (eg, PCP, mandies/quaaludes), but a lot of this stuff has also effectively been rubbed out by the authorities. Note that I am not so much concerned about the fact that some of these substances can turn you into a slobbering, uncoordinated mess when taken in excess, but I most definitely am trying to find some tipple which doesn't produce hangovers, and which doesn't have long-term health effects.

I have no experience with any of the recently popular dissociatives, like ketamine, GHB and DXM. It seems that in many cases people are looking for some sort of trip through these substances, and that is not quite what I am on about. Any opinions here?

And seeing we really ought to be talking botany here, I am particularly interested in natural sources. Kava doesn't seem to quite do it for me, as I have reported elsewhere. Muscimol is still looking interesting, and is under investigation. So what say ye all?

Originally posted by John_Barleycorn:

I most definitely am trying to find some tipple which doesn't produce hangovers, and which doesn't have long-term health effects.

drink one bottle of expensive and icy cold vodka, one shot at a time, straight from the freezer. marvel at its viscosity and smoothness. revel in the coolness on tongue and the heat produced from mid throat downwards. drink some water when you've finished the bottle. voila - good clean fun, no hangover and i'm no more fucked up than i used to be. ha.

JB,

i dont know about pcp not being 'quite as bad' as phramceutical tranqs! other dissociatives like k and dxm are definately nothing like alcohol. maybe ghb is worth checking out along with minor tranqs like val and serapax. same sort of relaxation and sloppiness as alky. draw backs: availability (compared with booze) and legality. actually, come to think abouy it, a nice cold xxxx is looking better all the time!

Guest reville

Mitragyna Tea. Not too much - dont let it spill to the mu receptors over unless you want to go to sleep.

magic stuff.

Guest electro

[This message has been edited by electro (edited 14 October 2002).]

Originally posted by John_Barleycorn:

Now for a slightly off-topic question of my own. I am basically looking for an alcohol substitute, and could use some recommendations.

My friend Wastl tells me that cannabis is the best substitute for alcohol, don't try any mixes of somethingsomething else with alcohol, it will just deliver you back into the evil clutches of the demon booze.

A little hemp, smoked or taken orally(after a preparation that involves heating it), a few times a day, will help you nicely over the effects of addiction...unless the cannabis itself tends to make you binge, then look for something else.

john, i of course haven't tried it but i recommend you have a look into ghb/1,4-b... it's very similar to alcohol but without the side effects like hangovers. i dunno if it's available anymore in oz but there was this cd-cleaner fluid u could buy that was just 1,4-b mixed with distilled water. even more interesting is if you take it before bed, you'll wake up when it's worn off but you'll be refreshed and energetic. most people just dose again but i don't the idea of that. it's supposed to be a very effective sleep aid that takes u through all the different natural sleeping stages so it's better than something like stilnox (which i hear is very fucking weird if you can fight off the sleep tongue.gif).

but don't mix it with alcohol or u may just die and it's addictive in the medium to long term but i think it's a matter of controlling yourself.

it's also meant to stimulate the pituitary(?) into making HGH if u have it before bed and metabolises into carbon dioxide and water so it isn't terribly toxic.

interesting shit, this is what i've read, it may or may not be 100% correct.

Where could one procure GBH?

Usually the Melbourne Herald-Sun and probably

other trashy News Limited papers which seem to

create drug related information mistakes which

would only take a moment to check and correct,

but are then propagated through story after

story.

GHB, however, no idea. Just be careful that

if you do stumble across some that you know

how concentrated it is before ingesting.

[This message has been edited by somnif (edited 15 December 2002).]

10 pods boiled up and drunken in a tea

has very relaxing,leg tingling,"life is fukn great,but christ im itchy" effects...

so the gnome living in my garden told me!

I've heard of people boiling up packets of poppyseed purchased from supermarkets but have never bothered to try it myself since poppies just grow everywhere where i live anyway - though i've never actually tried to extract opium from them it's nice to know i could if i was so inclined.