The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

It's Spring!

Well, I wanted to do a before and after Spring/Summer shot of my cacti, so I thought I might as well post the photos for all you nosey-parkers out there...

And now I decided to remove the photos precisiely because of nosey-parkers, sorry!

Anyway have a good Spring, and stay outside!

Edited by IllegalBrain

Wow dude. That's a sexy collection you have :lol:

Question about the 4th and 5th shots (greenhouse shelf specimens). What's the squat little tacker in the yellow pot closest to camera? I have something similar which I bought simply labelled with "Trichocereus".

Oh, and cute pup too :)

Edited by MORG

Awesome chilli, cant wait to see the "after" pics.

Wow! Nice pics man, great to see everyone's cacti starting to take off like wildfire now that the growing season is upon us once more!

Will try to post some pics of my collection over the weekend! Teehee!

Question for you Chilli, in the third and fourth rows of pictures, the central picture in each row, what is the identity of this variety of trichocereus? Is it simply another form of pachanoi or something different?

I have a number of cacti that look almost identical to these two specimens you have displayed and have had a bit of conjecture with friends as to what we believe it to actually be, pachanoi or peruvianus.

Edited by HyperSpacePixie

awesome collection you have there chilli. They all look really healthy.

Woke up this morning to find this cheeky little bugger.....

post-626-1158283436_thumb.jpgpost-626-1158283761_thumb.jpgYes spring is here!

post-626-1158283436_thumb.jpg

post-626-1158283761_thumb.jpg

post-626-1158283436_thumb.jpg

post-626-1158283761_thumb.jpg

Question about the 4th and 5th shots (greenhouse shelf specimens). What's the squat little tacker in the yellow pot closest to camera? I have something similar which I bought simply labelled with "Trichocereus".

Sorry, I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a Trich... you did say the yellow pot, right?

Question for you Chilli, in the third and fourth rows of pictures, the central picture in each row, what is the identity of this variety of trichocereus? Is it simply another form of pachanoi or something different?

I have a number of cacti that look almost identical to these two specimens you have displayed and have had a bit of conjecture with friends as to what we believe it to actually be, pachanoi or peruvianus.

Well, the one in the middle of the 3rd row is a Macrogonus, someone suggested a macro/pach hybrid... the one on the right of the picture in the middle of the fourth row (phew!) is the same stock (the big one snapped off), the one on the left is another macrogonus, but I think a different variety. There's a thread where I asked for an ID of that first one here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...c=10075&hl=

Well, the one in the middle of the 3rd row is a Macrogonus, someone suggested a macro/pach hybrid... the one on the right of the picture in the middle of the fourth row (phew!) is the same stock (the big one snapped off), the one on the left is another macrogonus, but I think a different variety. There's a thread where I asked for an ID of that first one here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...c=10075&hl=

Thanks Chilli, Good to hear, and get some closure on the matter. I was thinking maybe it was some sort of short spine peruvianus or a pachanoi, and had considered it being a macrogonus after originally seeing the ID thread i believe.

So we're going with marcogonus then, hehehehe.

Sorry, I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a Trich... you did say the yellow pot, right?

Actually, I've just taken another look. I'm way off. Disregard. :blink:

i just love the pooch!! a real beauty ....is it a jack russel ?

i just love the pooch!! a real beauty ....is it a jack russel ?

I'm not sure, it's my brother's dog... someone found her in Fremantle a couple of years ago, and was going to take her to the RSPCA, so he took her home.

What's the squat little tacker in the yellow pot closest to camera? I have something similar which I bought simply labelled with "Trichocereus".

I have one of these guys. I am pretty sure its a mammilaria. Dont know species