The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

CSIbogaine

Anyone watch it tonight?

Was over at a mates house and my ears perked up when the TV said Ibogaine.

One of the storylines involved the murder of a guy who was using Ibogaine to treat heroin addicts.

They explained Ibogaine, including the history, the effects (hallucinations, addiction interruption, etc), and didn't exagerate or distort anything as far as I saw, for the whole show.

Only bad line was when the fat bald cop said "drugs are drugs, no matter what", like it didn't matter what it did just that it was illegal.

It was the only episode of CSI I've ever watched...

EDIT: Oh yeah, the main character even says "ethnobotanist"... lol

Edited by apothecary

Anyone watch it tonight?

Was over at a mates house and my ears perked up when the TV said Ibogaine.

One of the storylines involved the murder of a guy who was using Ibogaine to treat heroin addicts.

They explained Ibogaine, including the history, the effects (hallucinations, addiction interruption, etc), and didn't exagerate or distort anything as far as I saw, for the whole show.

Only bad line was when the fat bald cop said "drugs are drugs, no matter what", like it didn't matter what it did just that it was illegal.

It was the only episode of CSI I've ever watched...

EDIT: Oh yeah, the main character even says "ethnobotanist"... lol

Yeah I saw it, I like CSI and as ususal they did their research well!

Thats the best publicity Ibogaine will ever get with politics the way it is at the moment :)

Hahaha.. That's awesome man. Wish I had of seen it.

Personally I am not a big fan of the CSI's. All of the made up technology and lab equipment in that show drives me crazy. The show is so full of inconsistencies with the real world. I guess if you treat it as if it is an alternate universe it might be more watchable :). I can't fathom why they had to make 3 of them! But if the viewers demand it, who are the networks to argue!