The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Luca

The Ethnobotanic Garden

okay there's a couple of things that appeal to me and i have some seeds to offer as well. i'll do a stocktake shortly and see what can be done. can you guarantee/assert that seeds will make it through? ie the e.sinica/sinensis is a no-no in these parts.

Well,

thanks for visiting the site. If you want to talk about a trade please write me an email. About seeds, they're as much viable as possible, I can't assure of course 100% germination ratio as surely success, since it depends on growing techniques and so on. For Ephedra, I had no success with E.sinica/sinensis, only with E.fragilis, E.viridis, E.nevadensis. But yuo could try anyway, what's the problem?

Ciao,

Luca

I think waterdragon was referring to import restrictions. These are really the importers concern. check out the ICON database if you want to know.

ah yes, now I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding, it can happen smile.gif

BTW I've controlled that database for Australia, it says nothing about E.sinica (but other species allowed), I don't know if it will be allowed. I'm thinking about add to the disclaimer something about importing seeds, I forgot this side. I think everyone will be responsable for his own, as when you receive seeds from Botanic Garden (via Index Seminum).

oh sorry, I've checked better, maybe it's restricted :| But as I said, everyone is responsable for himself.

yes you're right Luca, every importer is responsible for himself. The exporter cannot be held responsible. But a disclaimer for people to check their local laws is always a good idea - many people simply don't know.

E.sinica is not expressedly prohibited as seed, only as herb. If the seed does not contains any ephedrine then it would be legal. Dunno on this one I used to import a fair bit of it but it never got checked by quarantine/customs. I would still import it if there was any available.

[This message has been edited by Torsten (edited 08 September 2002).]

hi, luca

sore 4 hijaking your topic towards

sab, but...

i got sinica, major and nevandensis

all from torsten all seeds germinated

and all plants are growing fine(since years).

i say this because now i put a fgn

lot of water on them!

torsten with his corse riversand

recommandations, just left me ephedras

allways to try!

water those epherdras more@jama!

how are me narroleaved catha going?

I've never said to grow ephedra in CCS. I only recommend to germinate them in it. In fact, I posted a method a while back where I fill the pot 2/3rd with sandy rich potting mix, and the top 1/3rd with CCS. That way the Ephedra cannot rot during germination, but hits fertile damp soil in a matter of days after germinating. The CCS can eventually be scraped away and replaced with potting mix.

hello all,

i am sorry i can't help you, you're all best than me in ethnobotany (and in english..)!

just want to say good luck to Lucas !

i am now trying to found legal information for france and europe.

i asked some governement drug departement but they really take a long time to answer.

Lucas, you talked about a database, could you give the link?

thank you

vin's

Hi Vin's,

I hope you liked my site. BTW the database I spook about was the one indicated by Torsten, I mean ICON, which I found via google, but it's for Australia only I think. For Europe I don't really know where give a look, but I've received many seeds from botanic garden too and they never sent me phytosanitary certificate or anything else, I mean within Europe.

Luca "Jama"