The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Should we have a separate "please ID this cactus" forum (or at least subforum)

not a single thread for everyone asking for ID's, but an ID subforum with a pinned "Look here before posting!" which contains a pic & brief description for each of the say 7 or 8 main cacti (or shroom) types. 7 or 8 well chosen images shouldn't be too much of a hassle to load.

yes. maybe some of our leading catus folks could also prepare blog pages for ID purposes so we can link them in the pinned thread.

Would there be any 'copyright' or fair use problems with just compiling images from previous ID question threads with the consensus ID?

I'm happy to go through a few old ones and copy and paste the images into a new one if no one would have a problem with their images being used in that way.

Great idea, go for it!

Should we have a separate "please ID this cactus" forum (or at least subforum)

In my opinion, sure. It makes sense.

creach - go for it. if anyone complains about copyright we can deal with that on a case by case basis. I think most would be happy to help. some might request to have credit given on/next to the pic.

creach - go for it. if anyone complains about copyright we can deal with that on a case by case basis. I think most would be happy to help. some might request to have credit given on/next to the pic.

I tried :blink:

Way too confusing. In most cases there was no 'consensus ID' - just a variety of different responses.

I guess the only real benefit would be to avoid the constant newbies with pachanoi ID requests, but that could be solved more easily by posting some standard 'pachanoi' forms... which I might do.

Respect to anyone who succeeds where I failed :blush:.

A few people have noticed.

Chemazaki included this as a feature in the new EBA (ID subforums).

:worship::worship::worship:

ooops, and I forgot. will do it tonite.