The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Smiling Cloud

Crohn's disease/IBS and ganja

My gnome's friend has IBS or crohn's disease and has tried ganja for relief which works fairly well. I want to know if one type of ganj is better than another type (indica vs sativa) when treating this disease?

I'm not sure but I know for sure that indica's produce strong body stone, like your body gets heavy and just wants to glue to nearest chair or bed, and satvias sort of produce up-lifting stone, sorts of "lifts up your spirits",gets you bit more socialable (it's also depends how much you smoked too!!, it won't help if you smoke too much!!)

....so I assume if your friend wants something to help to sleep,something like strong physical relaxer perhaps indicas are best, and if your friends feeling bit depressed wants to liften the spirits, get bit up-lifting, sativas are best for that, the THC in both strains still has the same effects, no differences whatever medically, Otherwise check out hundreds of American, Canadian, swiss and Dutch medical cannabis websites, and I am sure they will give you more details, but I remember reading a article in www.cannabisculture.com which is canadian based, and they mentioned something some strain called "Chemo" which is strong indica cross, and it was orginally created by some uni students/researchers for cancer patients who just completed their chemotherpy session.

The problem (or good news for indoor growers) a lot of weed nowdays are Indica and sativa crossed to create "perfect" indoor growing plants, to get the height/growth/resin rate of indicas and sometimes effects of sativas, there's hundreds of strains and breeds out there on this planet.