The Corroboree
twich

Nicotiana sp. and cancer

Yes. If I smoked, I'd much rather have the filter and put up with the gunpowder. :blink: Once you start sucking on the products of combustion, the arguments about chemicals in the source material become kind of academic. Besides, the tobacco in tailors seems more thoroughly cured than in rollies.

cured and processed. I'm really not certain to what level of processing, but someone i know told me the majority of 'light' cigarettes in the market may not contain 100% tobacco, using fillers instead to achieve the lower tobacco content.

That is of course unsubstantiated claims, but having been a smoker for 14 years and of various brands, i've never once felt 'healthier' smoking light cigarettes.

That said, there is no guarantee tailored cigarettes contain 100% tobacco unless they have explicitly stated it on the box, such as dunhill 100%s.

i'm just against the processing of tobacco by the big companies.

Its the filter, people! The difference between 'light' and your 'not so light' ciggies is in the filter.

Dont believe it? Take the filter from a heavy ciggy and stick it in a light ciggy. You just made a light smoke a whole lot more deadly! :wink:

When I used to smoke cigarette's, one 'rollie' would cut my lungs up and have me coughing for a few minutes, not to mention the head-ache I would get.

But I could smoke a pack a day of my 4mg brand-name cigarettes, with little more than a nasty morning cough.

That said, I was smoking 4's, which supposedly contained 0.4gm of Nicotine. Rollies would contain a butt-load more than that! They are such rich tobaccos.

The way I see it, we all get cancer eventually. If nature can't kill you with other illnesses, it gives you cancer. If it didn't there would be 300 year old people walking around! (I know it's a pretty ignorant view, but let's accept our mortality and embrace life) :)

IMHO, the government has some culpability here as their health policy could actually be backfiring. In their bid to price ciggies out of most peoples' reach, they are pushing more and more into rollies. Of course, no-one then bothers to roll in a filter.