The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
WarpedAstro

Absinthe - My Grogshop sells them

Hey, my bottle shop in Lutwyche sells Absinthe, here in Brisbane, it's not cheap, it's 375ml for $29.95, very bright glowly green liquid colour, and it's got that pic of a old man in the late 1800's style of art. I have got no idea if it's the real stuff...the grog store bloke said it's not selling that well, and it's mostly Uni students always buying that bottle for their wild parties.

I haven't tried it yet, but plan to try it one day.....

Guest Mesqualero

mmm a bit too far away for me to be bothered going there... it is probably only for novelty purposes with minimal thujone content...

Thanks Jack, for the very useful link, I went and looked every single bottle on that website, and found one looks same, but the bottle design is different, (maybe this bottle is small, and on the website is the large 750ml bottle,) it's from France, label "Pere Kermann", so I went back again to get more beers to double check and read the label, it's 60% alc/vol and looked at the back of bottle, and it's certainly the "Pere Kerman" brand of this old fella on front in deep thinking state. It said "contains wormwood infusion" but it didnt say much much wormwood/thrujone, but I wouldn't pay 30 bucks for 375ml 60% absinthe, I rather get a bottle of Jim Beam.

[This message has been edited by WarpedAstro (edited 01 July 2002).]

wonders if people have been flocking into the grogshop??, they have sold out of this Absinthe product, and they are ordering more, and will be in stock in couple of weeks... wonders if anyone from this board brought some and is this the real stuff??? I haven't tired yet...

What bottle shops sells absinth in Melbourne. And I'm talking about good absinth, greater or equal to 10mg/kg thujone?

And can you get absinth concentrate at all anywhere, I seem to remember someone talking about it a while back.

E D

My wormwood bush's grow out of control, and I have to cut them back and throw a huge amount away. What's the easiest way of storing the leaves, till I have a use for them?

I"m guessing you can't dry the leaves, as by evaporating the water, you also evaporate the thujone. Anyone have a storage idea?

Can you get over 10mg/kg here in Australia!!

Are ther legal restrictions over thujone?

E D

Could the good stuff be extracted from wormwood using the honeytube?

The essential oil (with the thujone in it) could be collected without all that other nasty tasting stuff.

anyone watching the flick "from hell" will notice the main character in the bath - not content with the whole absinthe ritual he drops some laudanum into the mix as well. phreak also does some work on the long pipe in an earlier scene. not a bad film, historical sort of perspective on the ripper murders in london.

Really WarpedAstro!

Thank the gods!

It is in Brisbane too! Gomaos and I have wanted to try that shit for ages - could you tell me the actual adress of that shop?

The "Grape" bottleshop, located in Crown Hotel, in Lutwyche Road, in Lutwyche opp. that yuppie gym, fitness something.....very friendly staff, and always give me great advice on their wine collection....otherwise just go to nearest "grape" bottleshop chain, perhaps they can help you,my bottleshop still hasn't re-stocked yet.

[This message has been edited by WarpedAstro (edited 04 August 2002).]