The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jesus.T.Parker

Adding images to a post.

Could someone please supply me with some basic instructions explaining how

to add an image to my posts.

Could someone please supply me with some basic instructions explaining how

to add an image to my posts.

I find the best way is to use a site like photobucket.com to store your images and then copy the url from photobucket into the body of the message. To do this you need to click on the "Insert Image" icon which is loacted above the box where you type your message.

To copy images from website you can use the same function!

this forum software actually has an upload function in the 'post new message' screen. it automatically shows the picture at the bottom of the post or wherever you insert it.

I recently added some images to a post after some trouble trying to figure out how to do it.

(Still did'nt get it right)

The upload function seems to upload images which appear as clickable thumbnails.

I ended up using photobucket wanting to insert full-sized images. Two images came out full-sized, one came out as a partially reduced clickable image and for some reason the software added all three images as clickable thumbnails at the end of my post. I'm still confused. :wacko:

when you upload via the forum then the software makes clickable thumbnails. this is the preferred method as it stops huge images from being posted inline and screwing up formatting for everyone. It also means people can read the thread but don't have to look at the high res image if they don't want to [eg because of slow download].

If you host your image elsewhere [eg photobucket] then you can embed the image in the text here via the image tag. This will display the image in the format the file was uploaded to the host [eg photobucket].

If you are only showing the image here then there is no point in using photobucket. In fact, if you lose your photobucket account eventually your post will no longer have the image in it.

if you use the forum upload then the image will stay available as long as the forum is available as it is saved in the forum folder on my server.