The Corroboree
Adrian

Can't miss EGA for the World

Hi guys,

I've missed you all. But for some stange reason haven't been inclined to get involved, until now.

I would like to urge everyone who is the slightest bit interested to head to EGA.

I've not been involved this year and until now hadn't been planning to attend.

(THIS MEANS THAT EVERYTHING WILL RUN SMOTHLY)

Part of my absence is related to a "vision" I had several years ago.

Because of the intensity of the message I received during this vision I had blocked details from my memory.

Over the years it has come back at various time to...wake me up.

Now it seems to becoming clearer why I am failing at so many attempts to live a "normal life".

The reason why I urge to too head to EGA is for one very good reason, it may be the best opportunity you ever get to really connect and participate in something can change your world, and the world around you.

Another (less) convincing reason is that there is a comet (chunk of 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann ) due to collide with earth very, very soon. Too fast and too small (~2km) to give us fair warning of. But enough to cause a bit of a bummer if it hits.

I personally don't think that the future can't be changed, but this isn't always the easiest thing to do.

If it were to hit and we were all slaving away at work (or at centrelink ;) saying;

"shit, I wish I was up a hill with bunch of healing geeks and-free-loving hippies, contemplating or next efforts to rebuild this shemozzle of a democra(p)sy" It'd be damned f#ckin shame to say the least.

Cause we'd be like "cool, I got that extra few bucks in my 'sky-rocket', just a shame it isn't eddible".

or if it dosen't happen we could be sitting around a campfire discussing

- how we can rebuild this shemozzle of a democra(p)sy

- weather I'm an idiot for making you miss another day of slugging it out

- or weather it was our desire to change that caused the remaining pieces of the comet to strike the moon causing the best EGA lightshow the intire world ever witnessed.

If people can't come for finacial reasons I understand that, I'm f#cked for money myself, broke and in debt, (morally bankrupt too ;) however I am happy to spend some of my remaining funds on purchasing tickets for people who contact me.

Seriously, if money dosen't loose all value in the following weeks due to stock market crashes then we can always beg, borrow and steal some more :wink:

Book a ticket for the plane, train or bus NOW!

We'll work out the details of how to pay for it later.

Like, maybe I could sell someone the bussiness, that should get at least one of you a taxi ride to the railway station ;)

Plesase read the report below if your interested in dreams and prophecies.

Love you all,

love yourselves.

Adrian

P.S I do intend to fix the mistakes I've made with my customers.

I figure if I attend then we might just get enough people coming to throw wet sponges (or cacti) at me to make up the numbers.

Or I maybe I can bring the products or refund your order I've lost.

P.P.S Happy Birthday Everyone!!

Hi guys,

I’ve learned of a prophecy/s of a comet (or chunk of) soon to collide with earth and cause Tsunamis approximately 10 times those of boxing day 2004.

Approximately 200m high wave fronts lashing almost every costal region and flooding significant areas inland.

I would usually take such prophecies with a grain or two of salt (alkaloidal salt of course ;)

however I discovered these prophecies in the days after having a detailed lucid dream of this event, matching the details almost to the word.

If your interested here is my account.

One week ago today I had a dream a very detailed lucid dream.

It was actually succession of dreams.

Towards the end of this series of dreams was one of particular interest that I thought I must share with you guys.

The dream:

I was made aware of an impending threat from a Tsunami and quickly went to action.

There was a child that I didn’t recognize with me that I was now (apparently) responsible for saving. We were able to see the wave-front on the horizon, which was too surreal to contemplate or be frightened of. We immediately ran for the safety of the rooftop of the nearest skyscraper. In this instance the initial wave destroyed us and the building we were on.

In the next attempt we knew what we were in for and I had the initiative to go to a nearby lab, fill garbage bags with hydrogen and then make a mad dash for the roof top. In this attempt we managed to float up, holding onto our make-shift Bindenburg thus avoiding a certain fate.

We climbed upward to such an altitude that we could actually see across the ocean to a patch of discolored water and succeeding waves still racing across the ocean.

Further on, we were at the ‘new shoreline’ picking up odd pieces of luminescent debris and decided that this must have resulted from an astral entity such as a comet.

Later we were looking for shelter amid some caves on a mountain overlooking the coast only to discover that there were groups of people already there, and some that were old school friends.

Ironically, my dreams concluded with a pleasant feeling. This was because after the waves all of us that had survived were united, all on the same level and had only basic survival, renewal and re-growth on our minds (and faces ;-)

We had no need to worry about politics, war, petrol squandering, genetic engineering or any of the other woes that consume our lives. We were meek, but we were free.

On Tuesday I was inquiring about employment assistance and I nervously joked that I may miss the interview if the comet hits.

The lady I was speaking to replied with something like "my daughter had dream a few nights ago that we were all fleeing from something that was falling from the sky"

Anyway that was just a dream.

What I wanted to tell you guys is that I “Google’d It” and that’s when thing got interesting:

- a week before this dream on May 12th (my Birthday coincidently) NASA

reported that the Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann began breaking into fragments on it’s path closest to earth

- Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann is due to come the closest to earth on May 25th (26th/ U.S?)

- apparently prophets (including Nostradamus, Mother Shipton) have predicted an event like this around 25th May

Links:

-My WebpageFormer Space Instructor Predicts Giant Tsunami

- http://www.savelivesinmay.com/

- http://blogs.zdnet.com/emergingtech/index.php?p=243

- http://www.moroccotimes.com/paper/article.asp?idr=2&id=14935

- http://www.agoravox.com/article.php3?id_article=4844

(SORRY, IT’S A BIT OF A RAMBLE FROM HERE)

In my dream the waves reached all but the very top of the tallest building.

The tallest here is the Rialto at 250m (~820ft) that seems to fir in with what these others have foreseen.

I wish upon this...shooting star,

not that it strike down on us.

But that it will lead us to change ourselves,

instead of US leading to change others.

Weather or not this event takes place now, it is wise to make preparations before things go wrong/er.

To anyone with money as savings, I recommend you convert it to something with tangible value like platinum or palladium, seeds, food, water purification plans/ still or basically anything that with gain or hold value.

If/ when the market goes down so will the hours of hard work earning it, stealing or minting it ;-)

At least a bottle of aged wine that would have been worth thousand is still gonna go down well in a crisis or be worth more on the other side.

How much money does it really take to live?

I mean it has a very poor nutritional value ;-)

Edited by Adrian

Wierd things have been afoot lately.

The cosmos has changed. :unsure:

edited...

Edited by Amulte

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/24mar_73p.htm

There's no danger of a collision. "Goodness, no," says Yeomans. "The closest fragment will be about six million miles away--or twenty-five times farther than the Moon." That's close without actually being scary.

im hopin nasa is right but i wouldnt bet on them.

youve scared me - doesnt that mean that the comet will most likely hit BEFORE EGA?

youve scared me - doesnt that mean that the comet will most likely hit BEFORE EGA?

Why be scared???????

You have more chance of being killed by a shark-sting than being run over by a bee. :wink:

If this is any sort of divine message, then we should do what is applicaple/ practical/ logical/ spiritually balanced:

Act with regard to purpose, not influence (or socially contrained rightousness).

If I were trying to spread / fear or doom, I'd tell/ remind you that Peter Costello has been "acting" priminister :wink:

I'm trying to awaken that little inner voice that has hope and opportunity and can differenciate between the "NEED" to eat and the "need" to use cutlery to do-so. :wink:

If you believe god condems masturbation, then who's to say weather or not he/she/it had a hand in it???? :wink:

Were weren't told "why" we should suck titties, hunger was simply answered without question... (that on was for CS,,, :wink:

Warmest regards,

Adrian

P.S I still have a few bucks (of Ronnies :wink: I can throw towards a ticket

Edited by Adrian

if im wrong then it wont matter

but if im right....

ROTFLMAO :bootyshake::P:excl:

anyway Adrian not much we can do about this kind of thing anyway

so its not worth worrying about

SHIT HAPPENS

anyway nice knowing you all

:wave-finger:

Edited by Rev

Yeah, on the 26th of Dec 2004 ~ 1.5million souls lost a similar bet.

(trying to find the right quote)

The only countries that were warned/ notified when the 9(top of the f#ckin scale) point 0 (later revised to 9.3)

were Indonesia & Australia. Most of the other nations had an agreement/ expectation to be notified of the mid sea quake and had up to 8 hour to stroll up the beach calmly (as little as fifteen in some spots).

Ordinarily I say that this was just incompetence, however the U.S proceeded to fly in MILITARY instead of standard disaster relief aid.

If I followed conspiracy theorists views, I’d humor you with the notion that N.Teslar may have (further-)developed his invention that enabled harmonic frequency resonate tuning.

i.e shaking the hell out of an area/ object by pinpointing and reciprocating it’s frequency (everything vibrates…) with ultra high frequency discharges.

Some nuts even go as far as to say that this is the cause of the Tunguska event in 1908.

Then again some weirdo’s may claim that the 2004 quake was a follow-on/ result of my bed-springs getting a much needed… “Tectonic plate grinding” But both are equally dismissed in the minds of most. :wink:

If the EARTHPOD site still existed I’m sure there’d be an explanation (sane or otherwise :wink:

Adrian

P.S What sort of response do people expect when they send an S.O.S signal?

"... hold tight a priest is on the way" :P

Edited by Adrian

Sorry Rev that's BS.

10 things to do Because you realise that you alive (not subject to disaster scenarios)

1.Do sweet FA

2.Nothing much

3.sweat but don't worry

4.Worry but don't stress

4.a) Do the same thing you did yesterday

4.B)4.5 Do the same thing you did yesterday, just slightly differntly

5.F#ck like 1999 (or 1969,, depending on age ;)

6.Squander your last amount of money on something really useless and fleeting, but enjoy it none the less.

7.Tell people something youv'e thought was worth saying, but never had the balls to say.

8.Walk around your house naked singing childish, seasame street songs

9.Anything that is unique to you, but not regrettable

10.Do something meaningfull/ benificial, because you still can and something that will help make your (and close one's) future your ideal present

INVEST IN YOU PRESENT/ FUTURE-PRESENT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Platinous metals, Seeds, Wine, Children etc

These will always be special and always help you get food and only get better with age ;)

Money is not tangeble, even in a stable economy it causes headaches, yet it must be exchanged for analegesics that are endogenous to our own heads (that we bust trying to obtain it)

I'm expecting to have a relaxed day at home tomorrow, but I'm going to spend it working hard on something I enjoy doing.

Not hardly working in order to spend on something I can't afford money.

To feed a child here (for some) means virtually adopting it (childminding) so that the fuel for the car to get to work to make the money to pay for the transport (and childminding cost) of the food we want to feed the children that we have to make appointments to see (and that need to make appointments to understand parents the barely know).

It's all oportunity, all the along the path of life. Is it better to struggle forwards than to be running backwards or just sit and work out if we should even be on 'that' path.

(deep breath...whoooh)

Sorry about the rant.

Adrian

I posted differently but simplified it

the extras bits were like what u wrote

i do all those. cept i prefer Potable Water to platinous metals and the Wine is strictly for drinking :)

:wink:

Edited by Rev

Ooops.

Forgot how important a good speelcheck is :blush:

and clear head when posting. (suppose if I wasn't in a manic state I'd be lying on the couch too unmotivated to rant ceaslessly about things that are no doubt going to pan out just fine by themselves)

Sure Rev, just kick back relax, we'll muster all the energy from our sense of guilt and shame to fix the world.

Just give us a yell when you arrive in heaven so we know which room to send the bill to. :wink:

I agree, disaster are good occasionally though just to keep things interesting.

Edited by Adrian

Trippy shit! I had a dream yesterday that a house i was in with my parents was filling with ocean water! :unsure::huh:

I had very similar one the other day (before Adrian's post) but it was a huge storm.

The last month or so seems to have been an intense time for dreaming not only for myself but many others!

I had another one about a week ago that was very lucid and had a very strong warning message, although this one was personal, not apocalyptic.

Has anyone else had dreams that were out of the ordinary over the last month, in particular dreams with a warning of some kind?

Well there was earthquake in java like a day ago, very sad :(

Earthquakes occur almost every other second, somewhere.

They should be much less of a problem for people, if only we could pre-rebuild all those buildings that we sold the concrete idea to.

We just had one in central Australia that was a similar strength.

Some of the preditcions, go into detail about earthquakes and volcanes that would be triggered by the nearing of this comet.

Hmmm, yeah... objects falling from the sky.

I've had these dreams too...since childhood.

For me, its usually a firey object...and there's 'War of the Worlds' type scenes, people running and seeking shelter from impending tsunamis/debris.

In the dreams i am always looking for shelter, which is made more challenging when you have a child to protect, which i do.

The question is, what do these dreams represent?

Are they premonitions? Perhaps scarily, I have had 'special' dreams come true in the past...but then I have also had dreams of equal, if not greater magnitude, that have not been realised.

Is the 'object in the sky' symbolic? Archetypal?

Jung had some interesting things to say about flying saucers and objects in the sky...a phenomena that dates back much further than usually presumed.

Although the following material largely concerns UFOs in an 'Americo-centric' sense, i think it says something interesting in regards to, for example: esoteric conspiracy theories, channelling (of Pleiadians, beings from Sirius, or 'ascended masters' etc), New age ideologies/philosophies and other contemporary manifestations/perceptions/interpretations of 'it'.

I think we need to try and be more self-reflexive. smile.gif

The Symbolism of UFOs and Aliens

By John Fraim

One of the subtle mega-trends in American culture in the second half of the twentieth century has been UFOs and alien symbolism. Whether the early events centering around Roswell, New Mexico and such groups as Project Blue Book are true or not, what is a fact is that interest in aliens came onto the "radar screen" of American culture around the late 40s.

Carl Jung was one of the first to try and analyze these "blips" on the "radar screen" in a symbolic way. As early as 1946 he started collecting data on UFOs and reading every book on the subject. In a 1951 letter to an American friend he wrote, "I'm puzzled to death about these phenomena, because I haven't been able yet to make out with sufficient certainty whether the whole thing is a rumor with concomitant singular and mass hallucination, or a downright fact."

An event in 1958 led Jung to conclude that it was more desirable for people to believe UFOs exist than to believe they don't exist. One of his final works, Flying Saucers, was an attempt to answer why it was more desirable to believe in their existence.

Jung came to the conclusion that UFOs were examples of the phenomena of synchronicity where external events mirror internal psychic states. As usual, he saw the UFO situation in a broader perspective than most. For Jung the UFO images had much to do with the ending of an era in history and the beginning of a new one. In his introductory remarks to Flying Saucers he writes about the UFO events:

" As we know from ancient Egyptian history, they are manifestations of psychic changes which always appear at the end of one Platonic month and at the beginning of another. Apparently they are changes in the constellation of psychic dominants, of the archetypes, or 'gods' as they used to be called, which bring about, or accompany, long-lasting transformations of the collective psyche. The transformation started in the historical era and left its traces first in the passing of the aeon of Taurus into that of Aries, and then of Aries into Pisces, whose beginning coincides with the rise of Christianity. We are now nearing that great change which may be expected when the spring point enters Aquarius."

In a similar manner that the medieval alchemists projected their psyche into matter, Jung felt that modern man projected his inner state into the heavens. In this sense, the UFOs became modern symbols for the ancient gods which came to man's assistance in time of need.

The need perhaps was for wholeness again out of the increasing fragmentation of the modern world. In the early 50s and the beginning of the Cold War, when UFOs began to infiltrate popular culture, there was a great fragmentation in the world. Jung writes, "At a time when the world is divided by an iron curtain...we might expect all sorts of funny things, since when such a thing happens in an individual it means a complete dissociation, which is instantly compensated by symbols of wholeness and unity." It was very relevant to Jung that the shape of the flying saucers was round, the shape of the ancient Mandala, symbol of wholeness throughout history.

The UFO events of the 50s which Jung turned his focus on have certainly not gone away. In fact they seem to increasingly dominate contemporary American popular culture. In the almost half century along the way they have gone a long way towards creating and boosting the literary/film/television genre of science fiction, as well as creating a huge marketing empire and a division in culture between the believers (contactees) and non-believers.

In the process, UFOs and aliens have moved out of cults and into the mainstream of popular culture, their symbolism continually evolving. An important investigation into the current symbolism of aliens and UFOs is political scientist professor Jodi Dean's Aliens in America. Dean sees aliens as repositories for the fears and phobias of our segmented, cyberculture rather than merely another broad-based cult phenomena.

These fears center around the inability to distinguish truth from fiction and the fact that many contemporary political matters are simply undiscipherable. The conspiracy theory which fuels them offers a type of conflicting symbolic duality to that of consensus reality. As Dean notes, "The claim to truth and its challenges to our practices for establishing it are what enable the alien to function as an icon of postmodern anxieties." She notes that aliens are cultural icons in which the new conditions of democratic politics at the millennium can be seen.

But in the end, aliens are really modern Americans and our feelings of alienation. As Dean says, "We have too much data, but not enough to make any decisions because we are uncertain about the contexts and networks into which we might integrate this information. Enabled by technology we become aliens, connected outside the state." And, just as often, "we're abducted by the same technology." In this strange new world, Dean notes that our neighbors are aliens. "Assimilation has been discredited as an ideal, and multiculturalism hasn't become much more than a marketing strategy...Better to forget the neighbors, go inside, and enjoy cyber-citizenship on the World Wide Web." And alien abduction, notes Dean, "narrates the predominant experience of the familiarity of strangeness in the techno-global information age."

The symbolism of alien abduction is very different than the old one of colonization dominating much of the nineteenth century. "Unlike metaphors of colonization that presupposes borders to be penetrated and resources to be exploited," Dean notes, "abduction operates with an understanding of the world, of reality, as amorphous and permeable." Dean adds that colonization moreover brings with it the possibility of struggle, of emancipation and independence. Abduction, however, recognizes the futility of resistance even as it points to other possible freedoms. Colonization implies an on-going process with systematic limitations. Yet abduction involves the sense that things are happening behind our backs. A great paradox is perhaps at the end of this symbolism as Dean concludes her book with the following: "To fight colonization, we take control. We don't fight abduction; we simply try to recover our memories, all the while aware that they could be false, that in our very recovery we participate in an alien plan."

Copyright 1998 John Fraim.

FLYING SAUCERS AS SIGNS FROM HEAVEN by Jodey Bateman

(http://www.motherbird.com/saucers.htm)

In 1958, Carl Jung, the famous Swiss psychologist wrote a small book called FLYING SAUCERS, A MODERN MYTH.

He had to explain to reporters that by "myth" he did not mean "false". He was sure that something is seen, but one doesn’t know what and that this "something" was not aircraft, weather balloons, meteors or any of the other explanations for the things people see in the sky that they interpret as "flying saucers". He did not deny the possibility of beings from other planet visiting the earth in space crafts which people have seen.

Jung used the term "myth" to mean a sacred story which reflects deep inner needs of a community of believers and which justifies some important action that they take. The myths of the ancient Greeks are just strange tale to us because we nno longer see the sacred shrines and religious ceremonies whose existence they justified.

Jung notes that the first "flying saucer" stories appeared in 1947, two years after the first atomic bombs were exploded. They appeared at a time when there was great fear of a war between the United States and the Soviet Union. (Note that the most important of the early "flying saucer" stories happened near Roswell, New Mexico, not far from Alamogordo where the very first atomic bomb was tested.) In 1949, the Soviet Union exploded its own atomic bomb and the fear of war became even greater.

Jung said that now as in times past, people looked to the sky for salvation from the danger. At such times in the past people would have visions of gods, saints, angels etc. who were supposed to rescue them from disaster. Sacred stories - mythologies - were told about these beings and ceremonies such as the Native American Ghost Dance were performed to bring the day of deliverance closer or at least encourage the believers.

But Jung says that modern science has made most people too skeptical about supernatural beings to see the traditional mythological images. Since we live in an age of science and technology, we interpret the new signs in the sky as machines from a world with a technology more advanced than ours.

In the first "flying saucer" stories from the early Cold War period, the beings from other planets were usually benevolent. There was a hope that they might bring peace to our world.

The "flying saucer" stories spread orally or by newspaper, inspired novels and films. In turn the novels and films spread new images among those who were interested in "flying saucers".

In the 1952 film THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, a man from another world named Klaatu lands in a "flying saucer" to warn humanity not to fire nuclear weapons into outer space. Klaatu says that the other planets have kept peace among themselves by creating a force of robots who will destroy any planet that launches nuclear missiles beyond its own bounds. He calls on the nations of the earth to make peace with one another. To show that Klaatu is serious and that the planets he represents have the technological power to do as he says, he turns off all electric power on earth for one day.

It is interesting that one of the popular books on "flying saucers" in the fifties (I believe it was by George Adamski) discusses the movie image of Klaatu’s "flying saucer" as being somehow proof of the books assertion that ‘flying saucers" have landed.

The sociological study called WHEN PROPHECY FAILS describes a group of "flying saucer" believers which developed in the fifties. A woman in Ohio became convinced that she was getting messages from the planet Clarion (where abouts unknown) warning her that a great flood would drown most of North America. However Clarion would send a space craft (Called a ‘Vagda’) to rescue her and anyone who was in her house on the day the flood was to begin.

She very cautiously sounded out a few friends and they just as cautiously brought in a few more of their friends. The little group began meeting in her living room to hear the latest messages she had received from the planet Clarion. Finally the day of the great flood arrived. The group of believers waited for the rescue ship all day and all night.

When nothing happened, they believed in the reality of their contact with Clarion more strongly than ever. The great day had only been postponed, they thought. Where as before, they had been extremely secretive about the messages from Clarion, now they contacted the press and eagerly told everyone they knew about their beliefs, trying to bring on new converts.

The feelings that inspired the believers to accept the messages from Clarion were still deep and powerful - the feeling of being threatened by a great disaster, the hope for friendly beings with greater power than their own who might rescue them. The possible disasters could be seen in grim reality on the front page of any newspaper. But what if there were no beings somewhere beyond to act as saviors?

The believers in Ohio could not accept this possibility. To keep from having their faith shaken, they had to go out and convert more people.

The belief in extraterrestrials as benevolent deliverers remained popular into the 1970’s. One night in 1976 I stood in a milling crowd of young people who were pointing up at an alleged "flying saucer" in the sky. I looked up and saw a point of light moving among the stars. Around me people were shouting "Take me up! Take me up!" In 1976 many people still thought it would be a good and desirable thing to go away on a flying saucer - at least among counter-culture youth.

A few weeks later I stopped at a house in Northern California, which was the headquarters of a group of "flying saucer" believers. They were the followers of a man named Alan Noonan who they called "the Messiah". They said he had been to the Twelfth Dimension where he met with the Intergalactic Space Command. The Space Command gave him a revelation which he published in a book of several volumes called THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL. The group supported itself by selling bread and T-shirts at farmer’s markets and health food stores and by putting on concerts of their own rock band. The woman who made the bread told me that all believers might occasionally get messages from the Intergalactic Space Command. For example she would get and idea about how to bake the bread better and she would know the idea came from the Space Command.

Sometime in the late seventies, a new theme became common - "flying saucers" themselves were part of the threat. Hal Lindsay, a very popular religious writer, believed that "flying saucers" might be piloted by demons. He believed that Satan might land in a "flying saucer" shortly before the second coming of Jesus.

Lindsay said that Satan would proclaim a message of world peace - as the benevolent "flying saucer" beings had been doing since the beginning of the Cold War. In this way Satan would try to steal the worship that rightfully belonged to Jesus.

Lindsay had worked as a staff person for Campus Crusade for Christ International which had close ties to such right-wing groups as the Rev. Fred Schwartz’s Christian Anti-Communist Crusade and the Coors Beer Foundation.

For Lindsay the "flying saucer" myth brought up such theological complications as - how could intelligent beings exist on another planet without any way to know of the sacrifice of Jesus to save them from their sins.

And as a right-winger, he found that the messages of the benevolent extraterrestrials sounded suspiciously like political liberals who believed that world peace could be made through the United Nations or some other human agency without the direct intervention of God.

Since Lindsay’s words on the subject, the view of "flying saucers" as menace has become more and more popular, especially among people with right-wing political views. One of the main sources of the menacing view is the Science Fiction writer Whitley Streiber’s book COMMUNION. Streiber (who incidentally is a liberal himself) relates how he recovered repressed memories of being taken on board a "flying saucer" and experimented upon. The memories were terrifying.

After publishing his book Streiber received a huge amount of mail from readers who believed that they also had been abducted by aliens who experimented with them and put devices under their skins - leaving no trace on the surface.

The theme of harmful objects being inserted into the body without a trace and causing sickness is common among so-called primitive peoples the world over. One of the main jobs of shamans is to find these harmful objects and remove them.

There have been a number of support groups set up for people who believe they have been abducted onto "flying saucers". Two-thirds of the people in these groups, according to surveys, say that they have no conscious memory of such a thing happening. But they have had physical illnesses, nervous breakdowns or simply feelings of depression and wondered if these problems might be caused by extraterrestrials.

These support groups are often led by people with degrees in psychology. The leader hypnotizes the group members to release their repressed memories of the aliens. (A skeptic might say that the leader often plants suggestions of these memories in the minds of the members while they are under hypnosis).

There is an increasingly elaborate lore about the alien beings - their appearances and habits and points of origin. They are of various types. One of the most common is called "the grays".

The group leader does what a shaman or exorcist does - he helps people confront their demons. The current demons that possess Americans might be from another galaxy, just as among Hindu villagers in India, demons that possess mentally ill people might be the ghosts of dead Muslims. In both cases, the person’s illness is from outside - another part of the universe or another religion.

The belief in the threatening "flying saucers" is more common and stronger now than the belief in the benevolent aliens of the early Cold War period. In the fifties when Jung wrote his book people had far more faith and hope in technology than they do now. In those days beings from a world more high-tech than ours were believed to bring benefits. Now they are seen as a menace.

It is possible that many of the people that go to alien abductee support groups are suffering from freakouts caused by the effects of living in an ocean of machinery which gets more and more complicated all the time, where everything, including they food they eat, is treated with more and more chemicals. Elementary machine operations like a telephone become more and more complicated with computerized devices, recorded voices, etc.

People feel they are continuously being experimented upon by scientists, technicians, government bureaucrats and corporate executives and they feel increasingly helpless as these power figures manipulate their lives. To a degree, we are all abductees aboard an increasingly mechanized spaceship Earth.

The mythology of alien abduction helps people cope with an external world that is getting too complicated. I once talked with a highly intelligent and articulate woman who wondered which of two rival mythologies described the cause of her mental problems - alien abduction or Satanic ritual abuse?

Along with the theme of "flying saucers" as menace goes a closely related theme - government leaders have met with the aliens and made some kind of deal with them behind our backs and now are covering up the very existence of "flying saucers".

Since the Vietnam War, the US government has been caught in more and more lies and cover-ups. People of every shade of political opinion no longer trust the government as they did in the time of the benevolent aliens of the early fifties. They have gone back to one of the earliest "flying saucer" stories as a symbol of government deceit - the alleged crash of the "flying saucer" on the land of sheep rancher Mac Brazel, near Roswell, New Mexico on the week end of July 4, 1947.

I have talked to a relative of Mr. Brazel’s who was only seven at the time, but handled pieces of the alleged wreckage. He said that Mr. Brazel, who was a very patriotic and conservative man, was taken into custody for several days by military intelligence officers and questioned harshly and arrogantly. He was shocked that the government he had always respected would treat him so and would never discuss the "flying saucer" crash again. Mr. Brazel’s relative tells me that another member of the family witnessed the crash of two other "flying saucers" on the same July 4 weekend, but would never talk about it freely because he didn’t want to be treated like Mr. Brazel.

Whatever the truth of the Roswell matter, although it appeared in CORONET magazine in the early fifties, it did not become popular until the decline of the view of aliens as benevolent and the rise of fears of alien abduction. This change over went along with growing suspicions of both the government and high technology.

Roswell has become a place of pilgrimage to protest the dishonesty of the United States government. A parallel from an earlier set of beliefs in heavenly revelations was the alleged appearance of the Virgin Mary to three Catholic peasant girls picking berries near Marpingen, Germany in 1876. Soon tens of thousands of pilgrims were coming to the spot where the Virgin appeared for healing.

The Marpingen vision also had political importance. At the time, the Catholic church was in major negotiations with the German government, which was trying to cut down some of the church’s traditional privileges.

The pilgrims expressed support for the Catholic church against the German government. Finally three priests who were leading groups of pilgrims were arrested and troops were sent to keep people away from the spot where the Virgin appeared at Marpingen.

By this time the Catholic leadership believed they had gotten everything possible in their negotiations with the German government. The church leaders proclaimed that the alleged appearance of the Virgin was a fraud because of contradictions they claimed to have found in the stories of the girls who said they had the vision.

Yet people continued to make pilgrimages to Marpingen for many years. During the Nazi period of the 1930’s the number of pilgrims increased sharply. The pilgrimage was a safe way for German Catholics to show their disapproval of the Nazi government.

In the same way the pilgrimages to Roswell are a safe way for people to show their distrust and disapproval of the US government when they are unwilling or unable to organize a political movement against government policies.

Bruce Franklin, who has written two books of science fiction criticism, says that a myth is "a story that no matter how bizarre it may seem...when subjected to rational analysis, appears as essential truth to its believers."

The myth of "flying saucers" reflects basic problems that are troubling a growing number of people. The myth will last until extraterrestrial beings actually appear to a mass audience (for example, on "Good Morning America") or a movement to solve these basic problems has success.

In regards to comets and safe distances.

If your going on the new 'Solaris H,He V-Highway' at 100kmph thats ~18.4yrs on the road (no rest stops out there ;)

However, I reccon with a name like Schwassmann-Wachmann und der Konvoi (convoy) containing of dozens of fragments. I'm guessing they'd take "die Komet-bahn" and cruise at about 58,000kmph, possibly taking small breaks (i.e breaks apart ;)

So the distance might seems big but it's all relative.

Ten million miles is only about 11.57days travel time or just over a week as it appears that it was 10M kms not miles. {11.57 x 24 hrs x 58,000kmph = 16,105,440 Kms or ~10million Miles}

i.e. 500m is a relatively safe distance to stand if someone is pointing a spear at you, however if they're pointing a "Heckler & Koch PSG1" there's about 20 good 'points' to re-evaluate the safe distance :wink:

All in all, there's no cause for alarm. We might even get a good meteror shower out of it. :)

There's no danger of a collision. "Goodness, no," says Yeomans. "The closest fragment will be about six million miles away--or twenty-five times farther than the Moon." That's close without actually being scary.

In regards to comets and safe distances.

If your going on the new 'Solaris H,He V-Highway' at 100kmph thats ~18.4yrs on the road (no rest stops out there ;)

However, I reccon with a name like Schwassmann-Wachmann und der Konvoi (convoy) containing of dozens of fragments. I'm guessing they'd take "die Komet-bahn" and cruise at about 58,000kmph, possibly taking small breaks (i.e breaks apart ;)

So the distance might seems big but it's all relative.

Ten million miles is only about 11.57days travel time or just over a week as it appears that it was 10M kms not miles. {11.57 x 24 hrs x 58,000kmph = 16,105,440 Kms or ~10million Miles}

i.e. 500m is a relatively safe distance to stand if someone is pointing a spear at you, however if they're pointing a "Heckler & Koch PSG1" there's about 20 good 'points' to re-evaluate the safe distance :wink:

All in all, there's no cause for alarm. We might even get a good meteror shower out of it. :)

Hey Adrian.

PM's dude.

Check'em